+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Did the Jets or Giants draft the better QB in this draft?

It's an interesting question. The knee-jerk answer is that the Jets did in Smith, but I don't know. Watch this guy's highlights. Practically every highlight is him tossing a 4 yard throw to Tavon Austin and then watching Austin run it for 65 yards after the catch. That's a lot of it.

Nassib has an NFL arm and a great mental makeup. Geno Smith looked dejected and pouty in the green room on Thursday night.

I'd rather have Nassib.

You?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    It's an interesting question. The knee-jerk answer is that the Jets did in Smith, but I don't know. Watch this guy's highlights. Practically every highlight is him tossing a 4 yard throw to Tavon Austin and then watching Austin run it for 65 yards after the catch. That's a lot of it.

Nassib has an NFL arm and a great mental makeup. Geno Smith looked dejected and pouty in the green room on Thursday night.

I'd rather have Nassib.

You?
    Smith will play, Nassib will play with a clipboard!
    Giants fan since '58

That doesn't mean Smith is better though. The Jets are desperate. The Giants are not.

According to Russ Lande the Giants made the greatest pick in the history of the NFL getting Nassib. He didnt say that but if U got the #1 player in the draft in the 4th round I would assume thats what he thinks of it.

This pick makes NO SENSE for the Giants. With quotes from TC like " We hope he never plays" (obviously) and "Maybe in 10 years, I like the guy we have now" Why did they trade up to get a player with that kind of thinking? Arthur Brown made so much more sense than a QB for "10 years" from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    This pick makes NO SENSE for the Giants. With quotes from TC like " We hope he never plays" (obviously) and "Maybe in 10 years, I like the guy we have now" Why did they trade up to get a player with that kind of thinking? Arthur Brown made so much more sense than a QB for "10 years" from now.
    Value? To keep him away from other teams? They wanted a new backup? Options?

Little Value compared to other needs, If we have to play the "keep him away from other teams" game, we're screwed, Carr is fine as aback up for this year, Options? LBs, LBs, LBs!!!!

Prior to the draft people on these boards always rave about how we always pick BPA, and how we pick value before need. it is a point of pride.

After the draft, people always whine when we either pick a guy at a position we don't need, or when we don't pick a guy at a position people claim we need

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Little Value compared to other needs, If we have to play the "keep him away from other teams" game, we're screwed, Carr is fine as aback up for this year, Options? LBs, LBs, LBs!!!!
    This year, but what about next, and the year after that? Nassib becomes locked in as a backup for four or so years, and will earn next to nothing.
    Options? Come the expiration of Eli's contract in 2016, the team will have the option of extending him or moving forward with Nassib (should he progress well, obviously). Failing that, they extend Eli and possibly trade Nassib.

LBs, LBs, LBs... this team has plenty already. Average, sure, but this is the fourth round, remember. They'd have been drafting yet another "project".

The Broncos drafted Brock Osweiler in the 2nd; the Patriots drafted Ryan Mallet in the 3rd; the Steelers drafted Landry Jones in the 4th. This move really isn't that strange.

He can learn and develop in the Manning mastery practices of a good QB. He's no threat to Eli, but we may not need to have that one bad season to get a good QB when it comes time for Eli to retire.