+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Initial Draft Review: Reese Rocked the Draft!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Damontre Moore is promoting his "draft party" at some nightclub via his twitter.....ehh....
    If I was a supposed be a top pick that slid because of immaturity issues, I'm not sure if I'd be worried about throwing a party.....
    I hope the character concerns aren't accurate..
    Lots of players have draft parties. That alone isn't a concern

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Seriously, these kids are on the cusp of accomplishing a life long dream. Celebration is in order. I am worried about a young kid that has trouble following the rules coming to NYC where distractions abound, but he will be a man that will have to sleep in the bed he makes. I hope he is ready to be a true professional.

I know that, his situation is a bit different though.....btw, I don't know a ton about Moore,I know about the prior hype...but has anyone watched much of him? I've watched most of his non-highlights & I gotta be honest I'm not impressed what so ever.....

I know that, his situation is a bit different though.....btw, I don't know a ton about Moore,I know about the prior hype...but has anyone watched much of him? I've watched most of his non-highlights & I gotta be honest I'm not impressed what so ever.....
    The issue they had with Mathieu's draft party before the draft was the fact it said "future 1st rounder" on it which is bad form. Moore's has nothing like this so there really doesn't seem to be a problem. As for his tape, he always stood out as a mid to late 2nd rounder on film despite the production. As of now, he doesn't look like he has that rare ability to turn the corner like you want out of a top pass rusher but I think he makes a lot of sense on the left side where that isn't needed as much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    The issue they had with Mathieu's draft party before the draft was the fact it said "future 1st rounder" on it which is bad form. Moore's has nothing like this so there really doesn't seem to be a problem. As for his tape, he always stood out as a mid to late 2nd rounder on film despite the production. As of now, he doesn't look like he has that rare ability to turn the corner like you want out of a top pass rusher but I think he makes a lot of sense on the left side where that isn't needed as much.
    Not talking about a draft day party, a night club party being promoted as a nfl pick demontre moore appearance type of thing...not that that's a problem, but if one of my knocks was "immature, rather party than work hard" I'd probably avoid that scene for awhile...just saying. ...
    But about the tape, I think a lot of people are happy as in the picks good value, but haven't watched much of him yet. ...minus the character issues & bad combine, I still don't see the hype

Not talking about a draft day party, a night club party being promoted as a nfl pick demontre moore appearance type of thing...not that that's a problem, but if one of my knocks was "immature, rather party than work hard" I'd probably avoid that scene for awhile...just saying. ...
    But about the tape, I think a lot of people are happy as in the picks good value, but haven't watched much of him yet. ...minus the character issues & bad combine, I still don't see the hype
    He's really not a flash pass rusher like you would expect from the insane production he had. He has a relentless motor though and I haven't seen him give up on a play. Very few times though he does flash 1st round talent with a few exceptions of actually having good explosion with his hand in the dirt and there was one game where he chased down a WR to make a tackle that impressed me. He did play OLB in 10 and 11 so maybe he was still adjusting to playing on the Dline majority of his snaps? I dunno...

Damontre Moore is promoting his "draft party" at some nightclub via his twitter.....ehh....
    If I was a supposed be a top pick that slid because of immaturity issues, I'm not sure if I'd be worried about throwing a party.....
    Nightclub draft party ? Alcohol ? He is 20 years old and this could spell big time trouble.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's really not a flash pass rusher like you would expect from the insane production he had. He has a relentless motor though and I haven't seen him give up on a play. Very few times though he does flash 1st round talent with a few exceptions of actually having good explosion with his hand in the dirt and there was one game where he chased down a WR to make a tackle that impressed me. He did play OLB in 10 and 11 so maybe he was still adjusting to playing on the Dline majority of his snaps? I dunno...
    I feel the same way. Very similar to Mathias Kiwanuka. can stand up be a OLB. Best when rushing standing up off the edge, then hand in the dirt. He can't even set the edge. Ojomo looks like a better fit right now. Okafor opposite JPP even Werner or Taylor would of been much better.

His coaches wouldnt vouch for him which is troubling.He didnt give effort in practice. He has had an arrest as well for weed. Talent wise he was a 1/2 range of 25-45. It was good value where the Giants got him I wouldnt of said anything if they took him in the 2nd round. The practice thing bothers me a little because in college Moore could get by not being the hardest worker in the room but that isnt going to fly in the NFL.I think thats why no one wanted to use a high pick on him because if u dont work in the NFL u bust.This is a very similar pick to the Manningham and Hosley picks where the Giants took underclassmen with some character flaws but had better tape then where they were drafted

I wonder had the draft gone this way -

round 1 - Damontre Moore
    round 2 - Justin Pugh
    round 3 - Jonathan Hankins
    round 4 - Cooper Taylor
    round 5 - Ryan Nassib
    round 7 - Eric Herman
    round 7 - Michael Cox

if people would be more pleased?

I think a lot of people hate the positional values of the picks.
    Good point but I highly doubt Pugh makes it out of the first round considering the run on OL and Hankins probably doesn't last that long into the 3rd (or Nassib into the 5th considering the run on QBs in the 4th).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread