+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Initial Draft Review: Reese Rocked the Draft!!!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    His coaches wouldnt vouch for him which is troubling.He didnt give effort in practice. He has had an arrest as well for weed. Talent wise he was a 1/2 range of 25-45. It was good value where the Giants got him I wouldnt of said anything if they took him in the 2nd round. The practice thing bothers me a little because in college Moore could get by not being the hardest worker in the room but that isnt going to fly in the NFL.I think thats why no one wanted to use a high pick on him because if u dont work in the NFL u bust.This is a very similar pick to the Manningham and Hosley picks where the Giants took underclassmen with some character flaws but had better tape then where they were drafted
    +1
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

  2. #22
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    His coaches wouldnt vouch for him which is troubling.He didnt give effort in practice. He has had an arrest as well for weed. Talent wise he was a 1/2 range of 25-45. It was good value where the Giants got him I wouldnt of said anything if they took him in the 2nd round. The practice thing bothers me a little because in college Moore could get by not being the hardest worker in the room but that isnt going to fly in the NFL.I think thats why no one wanted to use a high pick on him because if u dont work in the NFL u bust.This is a very similar pick to the Manningham and Hosley picks where the Giants took underclassmen with some character flaws but had better tape then where they were drafted
    What do you mean his coaches wouldn't vouch for him? (not being a wise guy, just haven't read that)

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What do you mean his coaches wouldn't vouch for him? (not being a wise guy, just haven't read that)
    I heard that A&M coaches didnt speak very highly of his work ethic practice habits

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I feel the same way. Very similar to Mathias Kiwanuka. can stand up be a OLB. Best when rushing standing up off the edge, then hand in the dirt. He can't even set the edge. Ojomo looks like a better fit right now. Okafor opposite JPP even Werner or Taylor would of been much better.
    I agree. I know many disagree but I personally would have preferred Okafor in our system. I think he would have been awesome. Great character too.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    I agree. I know many disagree but I personally would have preferred Okafor in our system. I think he would have been awesome. Great character too.
    +1

    Totally agree.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I wonder had the draft gone this way -

    round 1 - Damontre Moore
    round 2 - Justin Pugh
    round 3 - Jonathan Hankins
    round 4 - Cooper Taylor
    round 5 - Ryan Nassib
    round 7 - Eric Herman
    round 7 - Michael Cox

    if people would be more pleased?

    I think a lot of people hate the positional values of the picks.


    ^^ i like this guy....

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Sports illustrated gave the Giants a B grade. The more I think about the Nassib pick the more I think the Giants will use him as trade bait in about 1-2 years. Once he perfects his craft with Eli and Coughlin he will definitely be able to start on someone's team.

    http://nfl.si.com/2013/04/28/2013-nf...top-the-class/
    We tried that before and it didn't work out.

    The reason being is to become trade bait you need to play at some point and then play well in that short window (enough to capture attention).

    Eli being the current iron man of the league doesn't help that.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

  8. #28
    Veteran TAILGATIN''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Posts
    1,300
    I really didnt enjoy this draft. I can see taking Pugh because OTs were flying off the board, but was suprised we passed on Floyd, Werner, and Rhodes here. Jenkins was def not one of my fav picks in 2nd, especially when we passed DT Floyd in 1st and guys like A. Brown, Bostic, and J. Taylor were there. I liked the Moore pick in the 3rd and thought it was a no-brianer for the value. The Nassib pick blew my mind, as I thought we were heading up for Greene, possibly Poyer, or even Porter or Barrett Jones. I really dont understand it, but if he ends up contributing down the road and actually sees the field somehow I can see myself eating my words. I think Cooper Taylor is boom or bust, Herman Im unsure of, and I dont know why we took someone like Cox over Maysonet (who I saw the Eagles drafted in UDFA... great!). Id grade us a low C and thats being generous. Im no expert though and dont claim to be. I hope Reese knows what he's doing because I feel he's lost a lot of my trust after this draft.

  9. #29
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,932
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Nightclub draft party ? Alcohol ? He is 20 years old and this could spell big time trouble.
    nightclubs a lot of the time are 18 and older.

  10. #30
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I heard that A&M coaches didnt speak very highly of his work ethic practice habits
    coughlin said same thing.. "he has issues practicing during the week, but he always shows up on saturdays"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts