+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
    Pugh is the greatest lineman of all time.
    And the Legend of Pugh begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Watch him in this video, he struggles at LT against speed rushers

I saw NOTHING that can't be corrected. He struggled a bit vs a couple swim moves, and the occasional bull rush. Once he hits the weight room that won't be a problem and once these coaches work with him on edge rushers and swim moves he will be more than fine.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
    Pugh is the greatest lineman of all time.
    HAHAHA! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Watch him in this video, he struggles at LT against speed rushers

Nice video on Pugh but Nassib doesn't look that good (not that accurate)....

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...the-nfl-draft/

awesome article. but more importantly, he didn't give up a sack vs those 2 talented pass rushers. And in HS, he excelled as an athletic guard who could get to the 2nd level bc his HS offense ran the triple option (where G is more important than T really).

I think that played a big part in drafting Pugh. You can see he handles speed rushers very very well bc of his footwork. He played hockey growing up, and playing OT is always compared with "playing on skates" and with Pugh you can see why. This kid is the real deal and is coming in ready to be the Week 1 RT imho. He can already handle pass rushers that turned out to be at least 1 of the best up n comers in Irving. And all that practice vs C.Jones had to help. I'm loving this pick more and more. Just watch a play of him @ Syracuse bc its all thats needed to see the mobility/footwork and angles he takes. Our OL honestly could get back to 2008 level. Its only as good as the weakest link and DD was a weak link.
    With Pugh, the unit should work much better. Beatty/Boothe can handle the left side of the line. Last yr, we struggled to the right (bc of DD and thus Snee really). With Pugh lined up outside Snee, I expect him to look more like the all pro than the 2012 version
    I forgot that played USC in 2011 im going to get that game. Ive been trying to get the 2011 Syracuse WV game with Bruce Irvin "0 tackles ,0 pressures 0 TFL:" but no 1 has had it yet. Im determined to get that game.I can get the USC game their easy.I was disappointed he didnt play them this year.

yeah id love to see those games too.

u have to believe (u meaning like all of us) that how he fared vs Irving and Perry factored into the decision to pick him. This guy is ready to go, and still can improve. there was a notion he had maxed out his potential, but if you think about it, he can get stronger which would help his game be even more effective

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    He got beat 3 times by Swim moves and 1 time by a Bullrush. None of them resulted into sacks. He does struggle against the swim moves, but that is something fixable I believe. I'm happy with what I saw, disappointed on Nassib though haha some of those interceptions were gross.
    I read an article where he gave up one sack and no hurries while at Syracuse. That's not bad advertising.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Nice video on Pugh but Nassib doesn't look that good (not that accurate)....
    Nassibs deep ball is below average its why I dont think he can be anything more then a spot starter.Watch the 1st play. I think he is short to intermediate game is good and he has mobility.He makes some crazy plays now and then as well.

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-29-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    That was probably a not updated ranking. Pugh was a fast riser and a lot of teams were high on him. I feel that at #19 was a decent reach, I believe he would've went between 22-32, but since he can play everywhere and 2 of our O-lineman are coming out of injuries and our RT sucks Pugh makes sense.

I believe that even Long was ahead of Watson.
    I believe they were saying the Bears and Cowboys were very interested in Pugh. Bears picked at 20, right after us, and wound up taking Long, another Guard.

Pugh is reliable and steady. Will be great on our line. I can't wait for the season to start.