+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jets release Tim Tebow Giants related!

Talking Jets release Tim Tebow Giants related!

Could we use him as a TE or RB?

Tebow Time is up.

The Jets released popular backup quarterback Tim Tebow on Monday morning, The Post has learned. The move comes three days after they drafted Geno Smith in the second round to compete with Mark Sanchez, David Garrard and Greg McElroy for the starting quarterback spot.

It ends Tebow’s 13 months as a Jet that were more memorable for all of the headlines than anything that actually happened on the field. The Jets acquired him from the Broncos in March 2012 for a fourth-round draft pick (the two teams also swapped later draft picks).
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

You're saying this is Giants related doesn't make it so lol It's already posted in General sports.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You're saying this is Giants related doesn't make it so lol It's already posted in General sports.
    I am to say the least, shocked!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Not enough room in Met Life for 2 circuses.

so the Jets have managed to ruin two careers in one fell swoop.
    As bad as Tebow was at QB and the regression of Sanchez the team did 0 to help these two players out. Sanchez is struggleing and tehy gave nothing to work with. They had all these grand plans for Tebow and they did nothing.

The Jets are a freakin' joke as an organization. If I was Sanchez I would tell them to keep the money just get me the **** out of this three ring circus.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so the Jets have managed to ruin two careers in one fell swoop.
    As bad as Tebow was at QB and the regression of Sanchez the team did 0 to help these two players out. Sanchez is struggleing and tehy gave nothing to work with. They had all these grand plans for Tebow and they did nothing.

The Jets are a freakin' joke as an organization. If I was Sanchez I would tell them to keep the money just get me the **** out of this three ring circus.
    I would attribute that to the old regime. this is a new group and they had a good draft and releasing Tebow was the right thing.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I would attribute that to the old regime. this is a new group and they had a good draft and releasing Tebow was the right thing.
    Rex Ryan is also part of the old regime.

Starter
    They royally screwed Tebow, waiving him after the draft like that when teams have filled their rosters. A lot of teams out of respect will cut a guy they know they are going to cut early in the off season, so he can potentially get picked up elsewhere.
    Fan of his or not, the guy was showing up for the first day of NFL football off season workouts, never made it to the weight room.
    The Jets truly are a circus and deserve every bit of scrutiny they receive.

Quote Originally Posted by njersey View Post
    Rex Ryan is also part of the old regime.
    Woody Johnson forced whoever took the GM job to keep Rex. That's why the job fell to Idzik, who is basically turning Rex into a scapegoat when they get 3 wins this year while he rebuilds the team.

Woody is the ultimate source of ALL the team's problems. He likes Rex Ryan because Rex gets headlines. He grabbed Tebow solely for the headlines. Ultimately he just wants to call attention to himself, and creates a massive neverending circus to do it because he's too ******ed to build a winning team that people can take seriously...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

+ Reply to Thread