+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    With all the juniors who declared this year, anyone who decided to go back and complete their senior year and wait for the 2014 draft was smart...
    Heh tell that to Barkley. Had he come out last year, he'd probably be the starting QB for the Dolphins right now.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    Justin Pugh
    Slow down a bit there Charlie, LOL, If the kid was thought of to be an All Pro one day he would not have dropped to us at 19, trust me. Do you know what All Pro means.
    Last edited by The_ One; 04-29-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_ One View Post
    This must have been one of the weakest draft classes I have ever seen, I did not see any must have franchise player, we had some good offensive linemen go early, but not earth shattering in my book, no wonder the Skins gave a away the gravy train last year to grab RG3, they knew this draft class would be weak, this was more of a replenishing the ranks kind of draft, no blue chip prospects that I can name.
    By the way how does next years draft look like.
    Its hard to tell obviously, but on the surface I completely agree. Just look at the pass rushers taken early... Jordan, ansah and mingo have basically no college production. Guys like that usually aren't going top 5, but they did in this draft.

I have feeling the days of top blue chip prospects will be a thing of the past, reason I say this is because of the injury issues in the NFL especially head injuries, which means less and less parents will let their kids play football, most if not all NFL players played pee wee football, but since all these head injuries have been brought to the forefront, makes you wonder, heck, most NFL players playing now would not want their kids playing football, basketball or baseball seem a much safer way to go, plus their contracts are guaranteed. No wonder the NFL is not playing around with those head on collisions, and players paying dearly with game suspensions, in the end it's a business and the NFL is a billion dollar industry, if they don't fix the problem it will hurt them big time in the long run. Usually it takes years to see the effects it has on recruitment for new employees. They will also have to change some of the guaranteed money sooner or later, if they want their business to succeed long term.

This must have been one of the weakest draft classes I have ever seen, I did not see any must have franchise player, we had some good offensive linemen go early, but not earth shattering in my book, no wonder the Skins gave a away the gravy train last year to grab RG3, they knew this draft class would be weak, this was more of a replenishing the ranks kind of draft, no blue chip prospects that I can name.By the way how does next years draft look like.
    Sometimes, you look at a draft, and you don't see a couple of no brainers, it can also mean the possibility of being a deep draft.Nobody stands out so much, so grading it can only happen a couple years down the road.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

This draft was mega deep.. I cant believe some of the talent that was coming off the boards in rd 5 and 6 and even 7... I think ur gonna see more starters come outta this drafts Mid to late rds, and even some UDF's that u evre saw before..

Yes, because the Redskins have been a proven genius organization when it comes to the Draft.

Veteran
    Slow down a bit there Charlie, LOL, If the kid was thought of to be an All Pro one day he would not have dropped to us at 19, trust me. Do you know what All Pro means.
    I never knew you had to be a top 10 pick to be an All-Pro! I thought I knew a lot about the game! /s

So Aaron Rodgers isn't an All-Pro?! No!!

This must have been one of the weakest draft classes I have ever seen, I did not see any must have franchise player, we had some good offensive linemen go early, but not earth shattering in my book, no wonder the Skins gave a away the gravy train last year to grab RG3, they knew this draft class would be weak, this was more of a replenishing the ranks kind of draft, no blue chip prospects that I can name.
    By the way how does next years draft look like.
    Next year is deep beyond imagination. There may never be another draft class as weak as this one.
    No one remembers who came in second.