+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

UDFA WR Marcus Davis signs with the Giants?

Bummed that he didn’t get drafted this weekend, former Hokies receiver Marcus Davis calmed himself down and tried to get his mind off of it with a little TV. On the screen? An NFL Films production about the top undrafted players in league history.

“It’s like it was speaking to me,” he said.

Davis will still get his shot in the NFL, announcing Sunday that he had agreed to a free agent deal with the New York Giants.

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

They called with about 30 minutes left in the draft. Davis and his agent talked it over, preparing for a worst-case scenario — not getting drafted — and agreed that New York was a great situation for him. He decided on the Giants about five minutes after the draft ended.

“I think I can just go in and compete for if not playing time, then at least competing for a spot on the 53-man roster,” he said.

He’ll have familiar faces there. The Giants drafted two Hokies early in last year’s draft who figure to have prominent roles this year — running back David Wilson and cornerback Jayron Hosley. They also signed outside linebacker Alonzo Tweedy to an undrafted free agent deal yesterday.

Read more...

Virginia Tech is the Giants farm team.. I like this signing also..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Virginia Tech is the Giants farm team.. I like this signing also..
    No risk/high reward. If this kid can get his head screwed on, I'd say he is an immediate lock for a back up role.

Cool.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

I'd of taken em over a couple of our draft picks, so i obviously love it....

Did someone got released ? I was almost sure the roster was full and no more UDRFA can get signed.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Did someone got released ? I was almost sure the roster was full and no more UDRFA can get signed.
    You mean to just fill a 53 man roster? Cuz if so, that ship has sailed. We have 85+ on our roster. There will be cuts, like always.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

Interesting grab by the Giants. He'll need to show that he can help on specials but with that athleticism he can do that. All he needs to do is accept coachign and mentorship from the vets.
    No one remembers who came in second.