+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    remember Waarner was a 2 time league mvp and had a higher career QB rating , so anything is possible Eli is 32 and his contract ends in a few years. however they arent going to push eli out this year or anything
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    remember Waarner was a 2 time league mvp and had a higher career QB rating , so anything is possible Eli is 32 and his contract ends in a few years. however they arent going to push eli out this year or anything
    this year...or the next 6-8 years after that.

yo basciano chill bro, NFL.com is full of trolls and half-*** football fans that know next to nothing about football....let alone the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    thats comical for anyone to think we drafted nassib to replace eli i think we drafted nassib to release carr
    Everyone who actually has watched Nassib play understands that. The people who are having these wet dreams that Nassib is our Andrew Luck are fooling themselves.

Veteran
    There is no mystery surrounding the pick. Giants had a qb in the 4th round on there bored that if were any regualr draft and teams were in need for qbs he'd be taking in the first to second round. They got this talent in the 4th round of the draft. Eli is still in his prime, no way is he losing his job any time soon and it's ludacris if people even are thinking of that. What the giants did was smart. They have to start looking into the possibility of Eli getting injured or just too old. They have to start looking at replacments for him. Lets face it we all hope eli can play qb at this level for another decade, but it's not going to happen. So, what the giants did was they took a qb that has alot of talent but needed lots of work, brought him in and now have a couple of years to develop and groom him under eli. He gets to become better, learn the offense and learn under eli all under no pressure. So thats incredibly smart on the giants part. Worst case, he doesn't work out and they still have a couple more years to figure out a more suitable replacement for the time when Eli can no longer be our option.

Look, most of my posts are predictions for the near future base on what I have learned in life. I could be wrong and Eli play for 5 more years even 8 more years maybe longer since people are anging slower these days. Yet coaches and GMs say one thing but they never tell what they have in their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    There is no mystery surrounding the pick. Giants had a qb in the 4th round on there bored that if were any regualr draft and teams were in need for qbs he'd be taking in the first to second round.
    That's ridiculous. The reason a lot of the QB weaker teams didn't take these QB's who dropped is because they are a weaker draft class. No other reason. If Geno Smith had the skill of Andrew Luck he wouldn't have fallen like he did.

The only sense of "need" in this draft, is that none of these kids are better then the players already on other teams roster. Including the Jags, Browns, Miami, Chiefs, Raiders, and Cardinals.

If Andrew Luck had come out this year instead of last, he wouldn't of dropped because these teams don't have the "need' for a QB. This need argument is completely wrong. These guys simply are not at the talent level was last years (and other years) draft class.

Veteran
    I didn't say the guy was as good as andrew luck or rg3 that argument is irreleveant. Did people think russel wilson was the next hot **** in the league? No, and look how he tore it apart. Fact of the matter is the guy has talent but it needs to be evolved this pick up in the 4th round was a steal.

Veteran
    Also wasn't branden weeden drafted in the 1st round last year? I don't see how he was any better of a freaking prospect there bud.

Banned
    Harooni, I'm surprised you haven't commented on how Nassib's arms are just huge in comparison to Eli's maybe he can help out Eli in the gym to work on his arm strength haha.