Closed Thread
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Would you guys be against the Giants signing Tebow and putting him in at TE?

I think the whole media hype has died down and if he obviously were to get signed and informed on his new role, the media would damn well know he's not going to compete with Eli. I feel bad for Tebow and how that clown organization called the "Jets" did to him. I really wish this guy would be given the chance to play..it's not his fault that the media was all over him, he wasn't a cancer or someone who always tried to get attention like T.O. or Chad Johnson.

We didn't draft a TE and the TE's we have are more of the Howard Cross type rather than the deep/vertical threat that Tebow can posses. Putting someone in like Tebow will automatically take pressure off of our WRs I believe. I know we signed that stud from the Raiders, but it'd be nice to have a second TE who can open the pass game. I know we also have Robinson, but we can use Tebow in multiple positions (no not at QB) from FB, TE to WR. Imagine putting him in on WR screen plays, him lighting up CB and pancaking them while Hakeem Nicks takes it to the house.

I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just putting it out there.,.it's a slow day, it's gloomy outside and all everyone around me is talking about is how Tebow was released..

No way this guy does anything in the NFL. Let the Eagles waste a roster spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

NO!!!!!
    Tebow has CFL or Arena football written all over him. Of course you will have some say, but he's a great athlete and was misused with the Jets, and he's a winner.
    Tightend is a difficult position, especially to someone who has never played the position. The Giants like what they have with Myers, Bear and Robinson. And not one of them can block like Howard Cross could.
    Last edited by ny06; 04-29-2013 at 02:00 PM.

Giants fan since the early 80s

No, I hate Tebow. Ew, get away.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    No way this guy does anything in the NFL. Let the Eagles waste a roster spot.
    I don't understand all the hate for the guy..it's misplaced hate in my opinion. It's the fans and media who hyped him up to the point anytime he's brought up, it makes people wanna kick a puppy. If he is done in the NFL, I wouldn't want his career to end while playing against us because I got no hate for the guy like Michael Vick.

What's weird is I ALWAYS felt he wasn't going to be a great QB. The playbook and formations he ran in Florida wasn't a type of style of play calling that transitions well into the NFL. Don't get me wrong though, he IS an athletic player, kinda like a Kordell Stewart.

I'd be afraid that God would unleash the plagues upon us.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Tebow needs to take a step back and figure what if any contributions he can make as an NFL player and what position
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    I think the whole media hype has died down and if he obviously were to get signed and informed on his new role, the media would damn well know he's not going to compete with Eli. I feel bad for Tebow and how that clown organization called the "Jets" did to him. I really wish this guy would be given the chance to play..it's not his fault that the media was all over him, he wasn't a cancer or someone who always tried to get attention like T.O. or Chad Johnson.

We didn't draft a TE and the TE's we have are more of the Howard Cross type rather than the deep/vertical threat that Tebow can posses. Putting someone in like Tebow will automatically take pressure off of our WRs I believe. I know we signed that stud from the Raiders, but it'd be nice to have a second TE who can open the pass game. I know we also have Robinson, but we can use Tebow in multiple positions (no not at QB) from FB, TE to WR. Imagine putting him in on WR screen plays, him lighting up CB and pancaking them while Hakeem Nicks takes it to the house.

I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just putting it out there.,.it's a slow day, it's gloomy outside and all everyone around me is talking about is how Tebow was released..
    stop

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Tebow needs to take a step back and figure what if any contributions he can make as an NFL player and what position
    With the Jets messing around with his career, he was thinking of retiring last year. You know what's comical? I can SMELL a conspiracy coming along..."He was forced to retire by the ILLUMINATI BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR JESUS OMGZ"

Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    With the Jets messing around with his career, he was thinking of retiring last year. You know what's comical? I can SMELL a conspiracy coming along..."He was forced to retire by the ILLUMINATI BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR JESUS OMGZ"
    Now that you brought it up, I might start this rumor.