Closed Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you guys be against the Giants signing Tebow and putting him in at TE?

I wouldn't want him on the Giants. I don't dislike the guy, but he brings too much media attention with him. That being said i think he could be a good fullback, or like Carter 525 said, a short yardage RB. I think he would quit the NFL completely before he would play another position besides QB though.
    Last edited by P_Simms_#11; 04-29-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Wow. Out of all the "why don't we sign this guy" threads, this one may be the all-time worst!
    Last edited by darrin99; 04-29-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    Two different positions but I remember when we first got Hixon, the Broncos fans were all talking about how he couldn't catch and only had a few good plays on special teams.
    Of course some of them said it was a steal for the Giants
    I'm sorry but this makes literally zero sense to me? We picked up Hixon as a returner/WR. Which is what he was....and is what we had him play. We didn't turn him into a kicker.

..but sometimes you have to take a chance..no better way to take a chance on a player than before the start of the pre-season.
    If we're going to "take a chance" on a TE, I believe common sense would tell us to "take a chance" on an unproven or not highly touted TIGHT END to play the position, not a Quarterback.

Seriously dude...

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Wow. Out of all the "why don't sign this guy" threads, this one may be the all-time worst!
    No it's not, not at all. I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just putting this out there for discussion. This isn't a "Wow this guy was just released, we have no cap so let's sign him!" thread.

I actually put thought into it and put two different views into discussion. I'm not saying we should sign him but I'm not saying we shouldn't entertain the option.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I'm sorry but this makes literally zero sense to me? We picked up Hixon as a returner/WR. Which is what he was....and is what we had him play. We didn't turn him into a kicker.

If we're going to "take a chance" on a TE, I believe common sense would tell us to "take a chance" on an unproven or not highly touted TIGHT END to play the position, not a Quarterback.

Seriously dude...

We got Hixon to start off as a kick returner but he was a WR for the Broncos who was known to drop open passes. When we got him, it was assumed he would be no better than just a special teams returner, we molded him into something better than that..how hard is this to grasp? I didn't say we changed his position, I was saying how people were writing him off as behind mediocre and one dimensional.

I didn't say take a chance on a TE, I said take a chance on a PLAYER who is ABLE to play multiple positions. Again, go back and read my original post because you're getting what I said mixed up.

Veteran
    No it's not, not at all. I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just putting this out there for discussion. This isn't a "Wow this guy was just released, we have no cap so let's sign him!" thread.

I actually put thought into it and put two different views into discussion. I'm not saying we should sign him but I'm not saying we shouldn't entertain the option.

We got Hixon to start off as a kick returner but he was a WR for the Broncos who was known to drop open passes. When we got him, it was assumed he would be no better than just a special teams returner, we molded him into something better than that..how hard is this to grasp? I didn't say we changed his position, I was saying how people were writing him off as behind mediocre and one dimensional.

I didn't say take a chance on a TE, I said take a chance on a PLAYER who is ABLE to play multiple positions. Again, go back and read my original post because you're getting what I said mixed up.
    Are you unable to grasp the difference between picking up a player who has underperformed and being able to groom them at the position they have played their entire life as opposed to picking up a life-long quarterback and attempting to get him to play a position at the pro level that he is completely unfamiliar with?

Again, my question would be WHY? If we want to take a chance on a Tight End, there are endless amounts of guys who didn't get signed by a pro team but have at the very least have experience playing the position that we could take a chance on. Why a Quarterback?

I'm not sure why you don't see how ridiculous it is to say "Hey let's make Tebow a tight end, I mean why not?"
    Last edited by njg85m; 04-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.

I can't even believe you're serious. Repeat after me. The Giants are not going to entertain the idea of signing Tim Tebow. Not as TE. Not even as a ball boy.

i dont think he would fit with the giants but i think he would make an excellent TE/RB/HB Special teams player. Dude has tremendous athletice abaility, just not a QB.

If the Jaguars, who need to sell tickets, don't sign him, he's going to Canada.

Sigh . . .

Does that in any way, shape or form seem like a Giants move to you?

He's too job locked on being a quarterback. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what he has at TE. If he sucks, he gets cut. I don't see the harm in it at all or why anyone would be against at least seeing what he has at that position.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Closed Thread