Closed Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 267
  1. #111
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Gotta remember what JJ said about Tebow in his pre draft drunken rant(such a class owner), he basically said Tebow was never gonna be a NFL qb(paraphrase), among other rants.


    http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/jerr...s-2604988.html
    Guess I missed that. I am sure some other team would like to make waces in the NFL other than the Jests.....Or am I mistaken?
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    I guess Peyton Manning sure showed NFL how much better he is in postseason as Denver Broncos starting QB than Timmy Tebow was. Yeah I know, the reciever didn't run the right route, the cool air got to him, etc..........etc........ Whatever the excuse, the bottomline is that Timmy Tebow shined in his home start as Denver Broncos starting QB in post season and Peyton Manning, the guy they broke the bank for that was suppossed to take them farther was unable to because he chocked again. Yeah, that John Elway sure showed that Timmy Tebow now didn't he.

  3. #113
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I guess Peyton Manning sure showed NFL how much better he is in postseason as Denver Broncos starting QB than Timmy Tebow was. Yeah I know, the reciever didn't run the right route, the cool air got to him, etc..........etc........ Whatever the excuse, the bottomline is that Timmy Tebow shined in his home start as Denver Broncos starting QB in post season and Peyton Manning, the guy they broke the bank for that was suppossed to take them farther was unable to because he chocked again. Yeah, that John Elway sure showed that Timmy Tebow now didn't he.
    Chocked? How about choked. BTW your spelling is atrocious. But your point is also moot since Peyton just returned after a full year out of football. I like TT as well but he IS NOT Peyton. Dont kid yourself.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Chocked? How about choked. BTW your spelling is atrocious. But your point is also moot since Peyton just returned after a full year out of football. I like TT as well but he IS NOT Peyton. Dont kid yourself.
    Who cares about spelling on message board?

    No, he is not the QB that Peyton Manning is. However, he was more successful in his home start in the post season as Denver Broncos starting QB than Peyton Manning was in his home start in postseason as Denver Broncos starting QB. He also has more National Championship victories as starting QB than Peyton Manning does. No way to dispute that.

  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    nd that is also unfortunate. Tebow has been used and abused by the NFL. I think it all started with his BS commercial about abstinance back during his senior year. Not sure who got screwed without a "jimmy" on this deal. Cant ever remember anyone having to deal with this in any sport prior to this.
    Huh? He got screwed by the NFL because he chose to do a commercial in college? I don't understand this logic.

    The only person, or organization anyone can argue screwed Tim Tebow was the Florida gators and Urban Meyer because anyone with half a brain could look at his throwing motion and tell you wit wouldn't work in the NFL. Yet, they never addressed it.Then again, he did choose to go to school there and he did choose not to transfer. Many scouts mentioned murmered quietly at the time he was playing "why haven't they addressed that throwing motion?" Instead they adapted an offense around it by making him have to read more then 1 defensive player to help him be more decisive with throws since he needed about an hour to go through that throwing motion.. A 1 read system QB with a horrific throwing motion... how did anyone ever thought this kid could make it in the NFL?


    ALL of the blame falls on Tebow, not the NFL. He was the 1 that demanded to workout for the NFL as a QB. There were inquiries about him playing H-back or TE at the combine but he chose to workout as a QB. People recognized the athlete and the character. But he went ahead and put youtube videos out of his "new throwing motion" at workouts. What ever happened to that throwing motion once he got in the NFL? Because from I can see it looks suspiciously like the old 1.

    Then there is the media attention that was WAY out of hand. Let it be known that the NFL players HATE Tim Tebow, especially his teammates because he is nobody on the field and everybody off it. His Jets teammates were sick of him within a week of being in NY, and they hardly knew the guy.

    Now, nobody even wants to touch him as a H-back or TE because of the media circus that will follow him for all his days.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-02-2013 at 04:00 AM.

  6. #116
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Huh? He got screwed by the NFL because he chose to do a commercial in college? I don't understand this logic.

    The only person, or organization anyone can argue screwed Tim Tebow was the Florida gators and Urban Meyer because anyone with half a brain could look at his throwing motion and tell you wit wouldn't work in the NFL. Yet, they never addressed it.Then again, he did choose to go to school there and he did choose not to transfer. Many scouts mentioned murmered quietly at the time he was playing "why haven't they addressed that throwing motion?" Instead they adapted an offense around it by making him have to read more then 1 defensive player to help him be more decisive with throws since he needed about an hour to go through that throwing motion.. A 1 read system QB with a horrific throwing motion... how did anyone ever thought this kid could make it in the NFL?


    ALL of the blame falls on Tebow, not the NFL. He was the 1 that demanded to workout for the NFL as a QB. There were inquiries about him playing H-back or TE at the combine but he chose to workout as a QB. People recognized the athlete and the character. But he went ahead and put youtube videos out of his "new throwing motion" at workouts. What ever happened to that throwing motion once he got in the NFL? Because from I can see it looks suspiciously like the old 1.

    Then there is the media attention that was WAY out of hand. Let it be known that the NFL players HATE Tim Tebow, especially his teammates because he is nobody on the field and everybody off it. His Jets teammates were sick of him within a week of being in NY, and they hardly knew the guy.

    Now, nobody even wants to touch him as a H-back or TE because of the media circus that will follow him for all his days.
    I would also put the blame on Josh McDaniels and the Broncos a bit. If he/they hadn't drafted him so high the expectations might not be so high. I know there wasn't a dirth of quarterbacks coming out that year except for Bradford, but Clausen was more of a traditional quarterback and who knows what he would've done if he went to the Broncos instead of the Panthers.

    Hell, his team mates were mad? Remember even Mara said that Tebow was getting undue attention after their(our) quarterback won the Super Bowl.

  7. #117
    I would be against the Giants signing him as waterboy

  8. #118
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,957
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    I think the whole media hype has died down and if he obviously were to get signed and informed on his new role, the media would damn well know he's not going to compete with Eli. I feel bad for Tebow and how that clown organization called the "Jets" did to him. I really wish this guy would be given the chance to play..it's not his fault that the media was all over him, he wasn't a cancer or someone who always tried to get attention like T.O. or Chad Johnson.

    We didn't draft a TE and the TE's we have are more of the Howard Cross type rather than the deep/vertical threat that Tebow can posses. Putting someone in like Tebow will automatically take pressure off of our WRs I believe. I know we signed that stud from the Raiders, but it'd be nice to have a second TE who can open the pass game. I know we also have Robinson, but we can use Tebow in multiple positions (no not at QB) from FB, TE to WR. Imagine putting him in on WR screen plays, him lighting up CB and pancaking them while Hakeem Nicks takes it to the house.

    I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just putting it out there.,.it's a slow day, it's gloomy outside and all everyone around me is talking about is how Tebow was released..
    NO......the media hype is FAR from over. Tebow is all they have been talking about on Sirius. The less attention we get the better.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

  9. #119
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    25,676
    I like Tebow and I feel he could be a valuable player in the right situation.'
    The right situation is not on the Giants....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    I think the whole media hype has died down and if he obviously were to get signed and informed on his new role, the media would damn well know he's not going to compete with Eli. I feel bad for Tebow and how that clown organization called the "Jets" did to him. I really wish this guy would be given the chance to play..it's not his fault that the media was all over him, he wasn't a cancer or someone who always tried to get attention like T.O. or Chad Johnson.

    We didn't draft a TE and the TE's we have are more of the Howard Cross type rather than the deep/vertical threat that Tebow can posses. Putting someone in like Tebow will automatically take pressure off of our WRs I believe. I know we signed that stud from the Raiders, but it'd be nice to have a second TE who can open the pass game. I know we also have Robinson, but we can use Tebow in multiple positions (no not at QB) from FB, TE to WR. Imagine putting him in on WR screen plays, him lighting up CB and pancaking them while Hakeem Nicks takes it to the house.

    I'm not saying we should sign him, I'm just putting it out there.,.it's a slow day, it's gloomy outside and all everyone around me is talking about is how Tebow was released..

    Hell no I don't want Tebow! Besides, he thinks that he's a QB and he refuses to switch to any other position, so it's a moot point anyway. Let the circus sideshow attraction go set up his tent in another city.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts