Closed Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I guess Peyton Manning sure showed NFL how much better he is in postseason as Denver Broncos starting QB than Timmy Tebow was. Yeah I know, the reciever didn't run the right route, the cool air got to him, etc..........etc........ Whatever the excuse, the bottomline is that Timmy Tebow shined in his home start as Denver Broncos starting QB in post season and Peyton Manning, the guy they broke the bank for that was suppossed to take them farther was unable to because he chocked again. Yeah, that John Elway sure showed that Timmy Tebow now didn't he.
    The bottom line is much much deeper than that. But going by what you just said, Mark Sanchez is 10 times the QB Peyton is.

I still cannot believe this thread is still alive... smh

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    No, he is not the QB that Peyton Manning is. However, he was more successful in his home start in the post season as Denver Broncos starting QB than Peyton Manning was in his home start in postseason as Denver Broncos starting QB. He also has more National Championship victories as starting QB than Peyton Manning does. No way to dispute that.
    What planet am I living on right now? Someone is actually comparing Peyton Manning, arguably one of the few you could mention as the best to ever play the QB position in the NFL, to Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow rode a good defense and had a string of luck that the media ate up towards the end of the season. You're talking about an NFL quarterback who had a 46% completion percentage and less than 2000 yards in the season that somehow, in your opinion, outshines what Peyton Manning did in his first season with a new team and a new system after an entire year off with a neck injury.

Peyton came back from that year off and had one of his best seasons, statistically, of his career. His defense blew the ravens game when it was in the bag and we're now debating that Tim Tebow was more productive in Denver. Unbelievable.
    Last edited by MustWarnOthers; 05-02-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    The bottom line is much much deeper than that. But going by what you just said, Mark Sanchez is 10 times the QB Peyton is.
    Actually, no it is not. Folks cried and screamed about Timmy Tebow and Mr. Ed horse teeth Elway got rid of him and brought in Peyton Manning. Subsequently, Peyton Manning in his home playoff debut as Denver Broncos starting QB choked and lost the game as oppossed to Timmy Tebow in home playoff debut as QB for Denver Broncos when he shined and led his team to victory against the #1 defense in NFL.

The bottom line is that Denver got rid of Tebow and signed Peyton with the hopes of going farther in playoffs and Peyton was unable to deliver because he choked whereas Tebow didn't in the same situation.No, Timmy Tebow is not a better QB than Peyton Manning but I am just pointing out the irony of how everyone claims Tebow isn't a NFL QB but he sure as heck performed better than Peyton did in the postseason as Denver's starting QB. Yeah I know, Peyton didn't choke again, it is the recievers fault, the weather was too cold for him, he had missed a season, etc........etc.........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MustWarnOthers View Post
    What planet am I living on right now? Someone is actually comparing Peyton Manning, arguably one of the few you could mention as the best to ever play the QB position in the NFL, to Tim Tebow.

Tim Tebow rode a good defense and had a string of luck that the media ate up towards the end of the season. You're talking about an NFL quarterback who had a 46% completion percentage and less than 2000 yards in the season that somehow, in your opinion, outshines what Peyton Manning did in his first season with a new team and a new system after an entire year off with a neck injury.

Peyton came back from that year off and had one of his best seasons, statistically, of his career. His defense blew the ravens game when it was in the bag and we're now debating that Tim Tebow was more productive in Denver. Unbelievable.
    Peyton Manning choked in the game against Baltimore Ravens, no way around it. He was brought in because Timmy Tebow "lucked out," or "rode the defense" or whatever excuse there is that folks can come up with but for some odd reason, the incredibly great Peyton Manning couldn't take the same team farther than Timmy Tebow did. Yeah I know, it is the defenses fault, the recievers fault, it was too cold for Peyton, etc..........etc........ However, it was with virtually the same team, in the same place, one year later in the postseason and Peyton was playing against an inferior defense and the bottom line is that he choked and couldn't get the job done. If we were in a playoff game and Eli Manning threw the stupid pick to lose the game like Peyton did, this boards would be blowing up and rightfully so about how Eli choked. It is amazing how folks are making excuses for Peyton Manning for doing something he has repeatedly done for most of his career. Granted, Peyton is an incredible regular season QB but in the playoffs, he cracks under the pressure. Obviously, Timmy Tebow doesn't crack under pressure in the playoffs.

I would love to have someone with Tim's character on the team. The guy is a proven winner. He plays with heart.... that counts for a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I would love to have someone with Tim's character on the team. The guy is a proven winner. He plays with heart.... that counts for a lot.
    People keep saying this, but as romantic as it sounds, you can't do much without talent. What position would Tebow play that his heart would shine so bright that he'd be anything but a mediocre football player? The only thing I can think of is Fullback.

Here is what I see when I see Tim Tebow. His fire to win lifts all the players around him. Everyone plays at a higher level. The guy has talent, you don't win the Heisman without it. Sure, he has an unconventional release when compared to other NFL QBs, but I think when given a legit chance to prove himself, he has done so. Not only did he win consistently at the college level, he turned Denver around. Even a blind person could see how his presence on the field lifted the entire team. Heck, it lifted all the fans as well. I think a lot of people give him flack over his religious convictions, but to me, that just makes him even more appealing. I think the Jets made a HUGE mistake by not allowing him take over the starting job last season.

I think Mr. Reese would like more to signed/draft a " true " TE than signed Tebow to play at TE.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    Here is what I see when I see Tim Tebow. His fire to win lifts all the players around him. Everyone plays at a higher level. The guy has talent, you don't win the Heisman without it. Sure, he has an unconventional release when compared to other NFL QBs, but I think when given a legit chance to prove himself, he has done so. Not only did he win consistently at the college level, he turned Denver around. Even a blind person could see how his presence on the field lifted the entire team. Heck, it lifted all the fans as well. I think a lot of people give him flack over his religious convictions, but to me, that just makes him even more appealing. I think the Jets made a HUGE mistake by not allowing him take over the starting job last season.
    This is true. However ugly he plays. The guy wins - small sample size or not. That being said, if you're an owner or a GM, the guy is a toxic asset. Not only do you have to overhaul your roster and offensive scheme to accommodate him but you have to deal with his fan base also. And in case he fails, it'll cost many times more to clean up the changes you just did. The guy simply can't throw. And really, how can you trust someone that absolutely stinks in practice? You're flying blind.

In the right scheme, he can be successful. But more successful than you average NFL QB? Debatable. After a years worth of film, I'm sure teams will have figured him out. You can run the read option, except he can't throw and he's not all that fast. So you're banking on his "intangibles". Again, flying blind.

You don't do business on blind faith.

And that's why he doesn't have a job now. But the guy is heck of a football player, that's for sure.