Closed Thread
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 267
  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    I don't think anyone is claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning. However, for all this talk about how miserable and unqualified as an NFL QB that folks claim Timmy Tebow is, the one thing he has proven so far to not be, is a postseason choke artist like the great Peyton Manning. If Timmy Tebow is that miserably awful and it was all the defense's credit, RBs credit, etc.....etc...... for defeating Pittsburgh Steelers in playoffs then how the heck didn't the great Peyton Manning take that same team deeper in playoffs than Timmy Tebow did?

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Heck is Eli loses a playoff game in the fashion that Peyton did in Denver you all can rest assurred this board will be blowing up with blame on him and not excuses like so many posters are making for Peyton.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning. However, for all this talk about how miserable and unqualified as an NFL QB that folks claim Timmy Tebow is, the one thing he has proven so far to not be, is a postseason choke artist like the great Peyton Manning. If Timmy Tebow is that miserably awful and it was all the defense's credit, RBs credit, etc.....etc...... for defeating Pittsburgh Steelers in playoffs then how the heck didn't the great Peyton Manning take that same team deeper in playoffs than Timmy Tebow did?
    Have you forgotten what happened in the following game? You know, the one against the Patriots where Tebow completely degenerated? 45-10 was the score, I believe? When has Peyton allowed that to happen?

    And come on, "same team"? Teams change every year.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Have you forgotten what happened in the following game? You know, the one against the Patriots where Tebow completely degenerated? 45-10 was the score, I believe? When has Peyton allowed that to happen?

    And come on, "same team"? Teams change every year.
    It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?

    I am just curious that if the guy is that horrible then how come Peyton Manning didn't take that same team further?

    Now I am not claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning, he isn't. I also think it makes no sense that folks entertain the notion of him as a TE. However, if he is as bad as everyone says, then how come the guy can protect the football as often as he does under high pressure and the supposed "one of the top greatest" Peyton Manning is unable to do so? I am just curious. I mean heck, give Tebow credit for something here, the guy does win, wherever he goes and starts. Now, he didn't start on NY Jets because they have such a smart coach that choose to start a QB that got tackled by his own offensive linemans butt over Timmy Tebow so you cant really count his stay there as an indication of his abilities.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Have you forgotten what happened in the following game? You know, the one against the Patriots where Tebow completely degenerated? 45-10 was the score, I believe? When has Peyton allowed that to happen?

    And come on, "same team"? Teams change every year.
    Well, doesn't that vaunted, superstar defense that folks are claiming carried Timmy Tebow there in the first place have something to do with that? Perhaps it is just their credit when they win but all Timmy Tebows fault when they lose.

  6. #156
    Veteran embeshAtYa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,454
    should be fired as a fan.

  7. #157
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?
    Tebow was a nonfactor in that playoff win up until the Steelers blew a coverage for an 80 TD to lose the game. Tebow was 9-20 for around 200 yards and a pick. A week later when Denver got crushed, he was 9-26 for 136 Yards.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?
    .
    Rex Grossman went to the super bowl, that doesn't make him a good QB

  9. #159
    Tebow stinks.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Tebow was a nonfactor in that playoff win up until the Steelers blew a coverage for an 80 TD to lose the game. Tebow was 9-20 for around 200 yards and a pick. A week later when Denver got crushed, he was 9-26 for 136 Yards.
    Actually thats not true. Timmy Tebow in that game was 10-21 for 316 yards, 2 TDs and a QBR of 125. He averaged 31.6 yards per completion. Lebeau's defensive plan againt Tebow was much the same as Pittsburgh employed when they played against RG III last season. They took away the short and middle passing options, contained running lanes on the QB and made him have to throw long. It worked against RGIII but didn't against Timmy Tebow. However jacked up his mecahnics are, Timmy Tebow does have greatarm strength, it is the reaaon Denver draftes him ao higj andif tuere is any pass he can throw, it is the long ball. The strategy Labeau employed is also the same we used in the 49ers game last season and it works against QBs with weaker arms like RG III and Alex Smith but not against guys with strong arms like Timmy Tebow or Joe Flacco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts