Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?
    Different players, different teams, different gameplans, different situations, different freaking years. Do you not realise how incredibly silly this argument is?

If you need proof of how "miserably bad" Tebow is as a quarterback, look no further:

Actually thats not true. Timmy Tebow in that game was 10-21 for 316 yards, 2 TDs and a QBR of 125. He averaged 31.6 yards per completion.
    Are you for real? He got 80 of those yards in one play in overtime when the Steelers blew the coverage. He had completed 9 passes up until then with 1 TD and 1 INT. What is your infatuation with this guy?

It still doesn't answer the question that if Timmy Tebow is so miserably bad then how the heck did he lead Denver Broncos to a home playoff win and Peyton Manning didn't?

I am just curious that if the guy is that horrible then how come Peyton Manning didn't take that same team further?

Now I am not claiming that Timmy Tebow is better than Peyton Manning, he isn't. I also think it makes no sense that folks entertain the notion of him as a TE. However, if he is as bad as everyone says, then how come the guy can protect the football as often as he does under high pressure and the supposed "one of the top greatest" Peyton Manning is unable to do so? I am just curious. I mean heck, give Tebow credit for something here, the guy does win, wherever he goes and starts. Now, he didn't start on NY Jets because they have such a smart coach that choose to start a QB that got tackled by his own offensive linemans butt over Timmy Tebow so you cant really count his stay there as an indication of his abilities.
    He isn't a bad QB. He's a bad NFL QB. If you can't throw, you can't survive. The Broncos had to revamp their entire offense for crying out loud. It was only a matter of time people figured out how to stop that gimmicky offense. And please don't bring up Russell Wilson, RG3, and Colin K. Those guys can throw and throw it well. Tebow is a "prime" candidate to "chuck" it into the "ground".

NO, NO, A THOUSAND TIMES... NO!!!
    Die-hard Giants fan since the early 60's!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Are you for real? He got 80 of those yards in one play in overtime when the Steelers blew the coverage. He had completed 9 passes up until then with 1 TD and 1 INT. What is your infatuation with this guy?
    In overtime, Peyton Manning was pressured and threw a lame pick to end the game because he choked in th postseason again.What is with your hatred of Timmy Tebow?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    He isn't a bad QB. He's a bad NFL QB. If you can't throw, you can't survive. The Broncos had to revamp their entire offense for crying out loud. It was only a matter of time people figured out how to stop that gimmicky offense. And please don't bring up Russell Wilson, RG3, and Colin K. Those guys can throw and throw it well. Tebow is a "prime" candidate to "chuck" it into the "ground".
    Don't put RG III in the same conversatio. as Russel Wilson or Colin Kapernick when we are talking about arm strength. RG III has spaghetti Alex Smith type of an arm.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 05-05-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Am I the only on that thinks he'd be a pretty good MLB with coaching? I mean he has the size and speed for it, he's a leader on the field, doesn't shy from contact, and is a student of the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    Am I the only on that thinks he'd be a pretty good MLB with coaching? I mean he has the size and speed for it, he's a leader on the field, doesn't shy from contact, and is a student of the game.
    Probably, the guy has never played at MLB in his entire life and to start new at the NFL level doesn't seem too likely to happen.

In overtime, Peyton Manning was pressured and threw a lame pick to end the game because he choked in th postseason again.What is with your hatred of Timmy Tebow?
    I'm not wasting another minute debating Peyton vs Tebow. This is as dumb as the original suggestion for the Giants to sign him.
    Last edited by darrin99; 05-05-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    Oh dear god. Someone just please lock this thread and stop the insanity.