Closed Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you guys be against the Giants signing Tebow and putting him in at TE?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    He has trouble throwing short and medium passes. His mechanics are not very good. However, he has excellent arm strength and he can throw the long ball. He also wins and that counts no matter how you look at it.
    So you're essentially saying that he's not an awful NFL QB because he's a winner. So dispute this statement.

Tebow is not an awful QB, but he's an awful NFL QB - as dictated by the current schemes, expectations, and dynamics of an NFL team. When people say Tebow is awful, that is essentially what they are saying.

Edit: And going only by that he is a "winner" to judge a QB - regardless of how he performs 55/60 minutes and in practice, he asking people to go on blind faith that he'll win you games. Well, you're not going to find a whole lot of people willing to base their opinion, nor make a business decision based on blind faith. And when I say faith, i don't mean religiously.

I think it is utter bull **** that with the impact he had in such a short time in Denver that folks want to continually rail about how awful he is. The guy is not an awful QB and has already proven that, regardless of if he gets a QB job in NFL again or not.
    if he isnt an aweful QB why wouldn't he have a job in the NFL?????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    if he isnt an aweful QB why wouldn't he have a job in the NFL?????
    Oh come on....you know why...it's obvious. GM's in the NFL are all Satan worshipers...duh!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    So you're essentially saying that he's not an awful NFL QB because he's a winner. So dispute this statement.

Tebow is not an awful QB, but he's an awful NFL QB - as dictated by the current schemes, expectations, and dynamics of an NFL team. When people say Tebow is awful, that is essentially what they are saying.

Edit: And going only by that he is a "winner" to judge a QB - regardless of how he performs 55/60 minutes and in practice, he asking people to go on blind faith that he'll win you games. Well, you're not going to find a whole lot of people willing to base their opinion, nor make a business decision based on blind faith. And when I say faith, i don't mean religiously.
    Part of what people look for in QBs is their ability to perform under pressure in post season and Peyton Manning is not very good at that. Actually, he is awful under pressure in post season. Dispute this statement.

Folks can rail and rail however much they want to about it but Timmy Tebow is not an awful NFL QB. He didn't win games on blind faith, he won them on his and his teammates ability. Now, some of what he brings to the table is his leadership and his ability to have faith in and recieve faith from his teammates. He believes in his teammates and his teammates believe in him, with NY Jets being the exception. However, in regard to NY Jets, we are talking about the "brilliant genius" of blaoted baloon Rex Ryan and his desire to continually start a QB that got tackled by his own offensive linemans butt over Timmy Tebow so not really going to count Timmy's tenure with NY Jets because he never got a chance.

If we wanna talk about blind faith and how it bites you in the butt, we can go back to Justin Tucks comments when he claimed he was confident that Eli Manning and the offense would keep RG III off the field and on the sidelines. That was blind faith due to JTs fears and "nightmare" when he should've had a more direct approach of wanting to go after RG III when he was on defense.

Part of what people look for in QBs is their ability to perform under pressure in post season and Peyton Manning is not very good at that. Actually, he is awful under pressure in post season. Dispute this statement.

Folks can rail and rail however much they want to about it but Timmy Tebow is not an awful NFL QB. He didn't win games on blind faith, he won them on his and his teammates ability. Now, some of what he brings to the table is his leadership and his ability to have faith in and recieve faith from his teammates. He believes in his teammates and his teammates believe in him, with NY Jets being the exception. However, in regard to NY Jets, we are talking about the "brilliant genius" of blaoted baloon Rex Ryan and his desire to continually start a QB that got tackled by his own offensive linemans butt over Timmy Tebow so not really going to count Timmy's tenure with NY Jets because he never got a chance.

If we wanna talk about blind faith and how it bites you in the butt, we can go back to Justin Tucks comments when he claimed he was confident that Eli Manning and the offense would keep RG III off the field and on the sidelines. That was blind faith due to JTs fears and "nightmare" when he should've had a more direct approach of wanting to go after RG III when he was on defense.
    As part of your definition of criteria of what is a "good" QB. The only thing that Tebow has going for him is that he wins and that he's "clutch". This means Mark Sanchez in your book is also good no? 2 back to back championship games. Clutch throws to help the Jets pull out wins. Seriously. Show me why Tebow is not awful, but Sanchez is.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying Tebow winning has anything to do with blind faith. I'm saying the fact that people think he's a terrible QB is attributed to blind faith. So I can't really dispute what you just wrote. It has nothing to do with what i stated.

As one of Eli's biggest fans, are you really going to compare Eli situation to Tebow? You are doing Eli serious injustice. Eli has at least shown a high level of competency in the NFL system. Tebow has shown nothing except that he can win decently well with a revamped offense tailor made just for him. Blind faith in Eli? I think not.

So again - "Tebow is not an awful QB, but he's an awful NFL QB - as dictated by the current schemes, expectations, and dynamics of an NFL team. When people say Tebow is awful, that is essentially what they are saying."

Nobody is agruing the fact that Timmy Tebow is a better QB than Peyton Manning because he isn't. I am just asking that if he is as horrible as you folks want to continually rail about, particularly when the thread was about considering him for TE which I don't he should play, then how come he was able to win as Denver Broncos starting QB in post season at mile high against the #1 defense in NFL that year and the following season The Great Peyton Manning couldn't lead virtually that same team, with some added offensive weapons to a post season victory at Mile High? Perhaps it is because maybe Timmy Tebow isn't as bad as all you folks think he is and although he is nowhere as good as Peyton Manning is, perhaps the one thing he does better is not crack in the postseason like Peyton does.

If Tebow was as good as you are trying to make him out to be he'd probably be on a roster right now.

Look around the NFL. There's a lot of parity in this league. There's are lot of good talent evaluators out there - NY Jets aside.

Are you seriously trying to make a case that all these people are wrong about Tebow?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    This is laughable. I'm actually laughing. I'll say it again.....The Tebow fanbass is rabid and delusional and are the sole reason people don't like him. He's a good kid and a great role model...but his cult gets on people's nerves with crazy statements like this.I will now bow out of this conversation and allow you to banter on about the savior. I feel like I cannot continue without getting insulting.
    That's how I feel about most threads. lol.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

whats with calling him " Timmy".....

then again you are "Buffy" so I guess its fitting.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Part of what people look for in QBs is their ability to perform under pressure in post season and Peyton Manning is not very good at that. Actually, he is awful under pressure in post season. Dispute this statement
    9 post season wins. 63%+ post season completion percentage. 32 post season TD's. Super Bowl XLI MVP.

Yeah, he's a bum.

Banned
    As part of your definition of criteria of what is a "good" QB. The only thing that Tebow has going for him is that he wins and that he's "clutch". This means Mark Sanchez in your book is also good no? 2 back to back championship games. Clutch throws to help the Jets pull out wins. Seriously. Show me why Tebow is not awful, but Sanchez is.

You're missing the point. I'm not saying Tebow winning has anything to do with blind faith. I'm saying the fact that people think he's a terrible QB is attributed to blind faith. So I can't really dispute what you just wrote. It has nothing to do with what i stated.

As one of Eli's biggest fans, are you really going to compare Eli situation to Tebow? You are doing Eli serious injustice. Eli has at least shown a high level of competency in the NFL system. Tebow has shown nothing except that he can win decently well with a revamped offense tailor made just for him. Blind faith in Eli? I think not.

So again - "Tebow is not an awful QB, but he's an awful NFL QB - as dictated by the current schemes, expectations, and dynamics of an NFL team. When people say Tebow is awful, that is essentially what they are saying."
    You're missing my point. It had to do with blind faith and not neccesarily Eli or anyone else, I just used the JT quote as an example and the lesson from that was to worry about taking care of your business instead of placing blind faith on someone else.

Closed Thread