Closed Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 267

Thread: Would you guys be against the Giants signing Tebow and putting him in at TE?

  1. #241
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,335
    If Tebow was as good as some people on here say he is, he would be a starter somewhere..hell, he would be a starter on the Jets. The fact he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for the job says A LOT.

    Tebow does not have the ability to play quarterback in the NFL. I don't care how many comebacks he's had against scrub teams.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    9 post season wins. 63%+ post season completion percentage. 32 post season TD's. Super Bowl XLI MVP.

    Yeah, he's a bum.
    8 one and done post season trips for Peyton Manning, I think that is a record.

    3 TDs 7 INTs during the SuperBowl winning post season. Peyton Manning tried to give it away that year. He did give it away in the SuperBowl to New Orleans a few years later. The guy is a post season choke artist.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If Tebow was as good as some people on here say he is, he would be a starter somewhere..hell, he would be a starter on the Jets. The fact he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for the job says A LOT.

    Tebow does not have the ability to play quarterback in the NFL. I don't care how many comebacks he's had against scrub teams.
    The fact that any QB on their roster didn't start over Mark Sanchez says quite a bit about NY Jets coaching staff.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    All these pages and pages of banter and folks still either avoid or can not legitimately answer the question. If Timmy Tebow is so doggone awful then why was he able to win his first post season game as starting QB of Denver Broncos at Mile High Stadium against the #1 defense in NFL and a year later, The Great Peyton Manning, with virtually the same team with a couple upgrades on offense wasn't able to do so against a weaker defense?

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    As part of your definition of criteria of what is a "good" QB. The only thing that Tebow has going for him is that he wins and that he's "clutch". This means Mark Sanchez in your book is also good no? 2 back to back championship games. Clutch throws to help the Jets pull out wins. Seriously. Show me why Tebow is not awful, but Sanchez is.

    You're missing the point. I'm not saying Tebow winning has anything to do with blind faith. I'm saying the fact that people think he's a terrible QB is attributed to blind faith. So I can't really dispute what you just wrote. It has nothing to do with what i stated.

    As one of Eli's biggest fans, are you really going to compare Eli situation to Tebow? You are doing Eli serious injustice. Eli has at least shown a high level of competency in the NFL system. Tebow has shown nothing except that he can win decently well with a revamped offense tailor made just for him. Blind faith in Eli? I think not.

    So again - "Tebow is not an awful QB, but he's an awful NFL QB - as dictated by the current schemes, expectations, and dynamics of an NFL team. When people say Tebow is awful, that is essentially what they are saying."
    I am not even claiming how good or bad he is. However, if he is so bad then how the heck didn't Peyton take the same team further? Heck, Timmy Tebow may be doing something right.

  6. #246
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Why is this thread still alive?

  7. #247
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,593
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I am not even claiming how good or bad he is. However, if he is so bad then how the heck didn't Peyton take the same team further? Heck, Timmy Tebow may be doing something right.
    '
    heck....if he is so good why didnt Denver keep him???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  8. #248
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,335
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    All these pages and pages of banter and folks still either avoid or can not legitimately answer the question. If Timmy Tebow is so doggone awful then why was he able to win his first post season game as starting QB of Denver Broncos at Mile High Stadium against the #1 defense in NFL and a year later, The Great Peyton Manning, with virtually the same team with a couple upgrades on offense wasn't able to do so against a weaker defense?
    The fact you have to go back a year ago to make a point really doesn't back up your argument.

    How about the game at New England? Tebow fans NEVER bring that up.

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

  9. #249
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Jimi Hendrix Sept 18, 1970 RIP
    Posts
    26,593
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    All these pages and pages of banter and folks still either avoid or can not legitimately answer the question. If Timmy Tebow is so doggone awful then why was he able to win his first post season game as starting QB of Denver Broncos at Mile High Stadium against the #1 defense in NFL and a year later, The Great Peyton Manning, with virtually the same team with a couple upgrades on offense wasn't able to do so against a weaker defense?
    its impossible to answer 100% accurately...
    two different teams, two different games, different situations...
    Tebow played a good game and pulled off a win with his team.....
    Peyton didnt......so what
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #250
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waffles > Pancakes
    Posts
    34,335
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    The fact that any QB on their roster didn't start over Mark Sanchez says quite a bit about NY Jets coaching staff.
    You're right.
    The Jets brought in a below average QB (Tebow) to try and challenge Mark. Silly them!

    Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts