+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not including ours, what teams drafted the best in ur opinion?

Considering they lacked a 1st round pick, I thought the Redskins did a good job as well.

I would agree with those that said the NFC west did a good job. I loved the 49ers draft with the exception of what they did in the 1st round. Eric Reid isn't the problem, but rather trading up to grab him in the manner they did.

I liked the Steelers draft too.

Cardinals - Cooper (OG), Minter (LB), Mathieu (CB), Okafor (OLB), Swope (WR) among others ... I think they got the most potential talent out of this draft. Cooper is a blue chipper (or thought to be), Minter was prospected as the highest rated ILB in the draft (although I like Brown better), Matthieu has a ton of upside (I think he flames out personally but ...), Okafor was one of the best ends in the draft (imo) and Swope is probably the biggest steal of the draft getting him in the 6th.

Vikings - Floyd, Rhodes and Patterson ... slam dunk (for them). All were areas of high need for them.

The single greatest pick / match to a team in my mind was ...

Packers - Datone Jones. Absolute perfect fit for that guy as a 3-4 DE.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Considering they lacked a 1st round pick, I thought the Redskins did a good job as well.

I would agree with those that said the NFC west did a good job. I loved the 49ers draft with the exception of what they did in the 1st round. Eric Reid isn't the problem, but rather trading up to grab him in the manner they did.

I liked the Steelers draft too.
    Ya, i felt Eric Reids upside is the best of the bunch as far as the S's go, and the 9ers could afford to take a gamble on his upside, and if there right, boom... I remember earlier on in the yr, i thought Eric Reid was the best S in the country and a sure fire first rd pick, and Slip agreed, so its not that surprising to me, and if they only had a few picks, it'd of bothered me more, but they had such a heap of picks, that i understand trading up for em, because they believed in em so much...

I didn't love the steelers pick of Le'Veon Bell, thought that there were better backs to choose from, and also felt, they kinda have backs like him all ready on the roster , and they needed more of a Jonathan Franklin type back, or someone like that to go with there big bruiser Jonathan Dwyer and/or Ike Redman(not sure if these 2are back though?).. They do have Rainey to offset Bell's beefy hard running style though, but i just felt the element that Jon Franklin could of brought them would of fit very well with that of Redman or Dwyer..

Wheaton is a perfect replacemtent for Mike Wallace, and almost identical in what type of WR's they are... Terry Hawthorne is nice CB depth, and a guy i liked as well, and Shamarko Thomas is a nice hard hitting S to pair back there with Troy, and they needed depth after losing Mundy to us...

Jarvis Jones and Vince Williams are both agressive, physical players, in the mold of Steeler LB's...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Cardinals - Cooper (OG), Minter (LB), Mathieu (CB), Okafor (OLB), Swope (WR) among others ... I think they got the most potential talent out of this draft. Cooper is a blue chipper (or thought to be), Minter was prospected as the highest rated ILB in the draft (although I like Brown better), Matthieu has a ton of upside (I think he flames out personally but ...), Okafor was one of the best ends in the draft (imo) and Swope is probably the biggest steal of the draft getting him in the 6th.

Vikings - Floyd, Rhodes and Patterson ... slam dunk (for them). All were areas of high need for them.

The single greatest pick / match to a team in my mind was ...

Packers - Datone Jones. Absolute perfect fit for that guy as a 3-4 DE.
    Not to mention, the most impressive part of the pack draft is getting Jones, while also completely making over the weakest part of there team which was the RB positon, with Lacy and Franklin.. The packers were on my list last yr, as i thought Casey Hayward was a 1st rd pick, and the best Corner in the draft or pretty darn close, and they got em in the very late 2nd(steal), while also getting other great pieces... Ted Thompson is a genius, for real...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Not to mention, the most impressive part of the pack draft is getting Jones, while also completely making over the weakest part of there team which was the RB positon, with Lacy and Franklin.. The packers were on my list last yr, as i thought Casey Hayward was a 1st rd pick, and the best Corner in the draft or pretty darn close, and they got em in the very late 2nd(steal), while also getting other great pieces... Ted Thompson is a genius, for real...
    I agree about Lacy/Franklin ... it just seems like the Packers are where RBs go to die

Definitely a huge need for them. As was Bakthiari which I thought was a very good prospect for where they got him (considering the run on OL early). Micah Hyde (CB) also deserves a mention.

I mentioned Datone Jones specifically though, because I thought there were only a few systems that would match his particular style well and the Packers were top of my list for him. He'll end up being a true replacement for Cullen Jenkins and make BJ Raji shine again.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    You said most of them but I was jealous of the Bears LB picks with Bostic and Greene. Add their Oline picks Kyle Long, Jordan Mills, and Cornelius Washington and I think we could have done awesome w those 5. Although we got some help at Oline, I'd glady trade 5 of our picks for those guys. I'm still in awe that in such a CB filled draft we held back on scooping one. Oh we'll, I ain't JR.

I like the Cards draft.. and the Vikings

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I couldn't agree more.. I like all those guys prob more than any other group. Stepfan Taylor's a beast too
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-29-2013 at 04:39 PM.

I agree about Lacy/Franklin ... it just seems like the Packers are where RBs go to die

Definitely a huge need for them. As was Bakthiari which I thought was a very good prospect for where they got him (considering the run on OL early). Micah Hyde (CB) also deserves a mention.

I mentioned Datone Jones specifically though, because I thought there were only a few systems that would match his particular style well and the Packers were top of my list for him. He'll end up being a true replacement for Cullen Jenkins and make BJ Raji shine again.
    Yup, i gave all those guys a mention in the first post of this thread.. The Packers were my fave draft , considering where they were picking, and the fact they are a playoff team all ready.. There almost the reason i started this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I like the Cards draft.. and the Vikings
    I'd like the vikings draft alot more if i thought Cordarelle Patterson was a better WR.. Just not a big fan of his, and he was on my bust list, along with Fluker and a couple others.. Not to mention, i never thought Shariff Floyd was as good as they were making em out to be, and mentioned this many times.. There getting a ton of credit for picking this kid because of his stock , but in reality, he was a 2nd-3rd rd prospect alot longer then he was a top 5prospect.. I thought he raised for the wrong reasons, and had alot less to do with his on field performance and more to do with his workouts and what not then anything else.. He is disruprtive, but there were quite a few disruptive DT's in this draft, and the eagles got Bennie Logan in RD3, and he fairs pretty closely to Floyd in my opinion...

+ Reply to Thread