+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Not including ours, what teams drafted the best in ur opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I can give the cards a decent grade but I don't agree about the Jets.

That organization is a mess right now. They went into the draft having 5 QBs, many of which they will take a cap hit if they release. Then they draft another....

Its not that I don't like Geno Smith, its that they put themselves in a moron position going into the draft, a position so that the 1 position they needed most (QB) is the 1 position where drafting it would hurt the team.

I also think they wanted Austin and let themselves get jumped. That team needs serious help in the offensive weapon department. Austin fit their need to a tee. He made a college career of taking short passes and turning them into long TDs. They have(or had) a QB who only throws short passes. They also wanted to draft a guy who knew how to work with Austin in Smith(who they did get.) It is just baffling to me.

I am not advocating just drafting need, but cmon you cannot ignore it either.
    The jets got guys that are easily cuttable at QB, theres no worries there.. Geno Smith is clearly the front runner for the future of the posiotn, nad Garrad is nothing but camp fodder, and maybe a stop gap if they finally decide to part ways with Sanchez, and want to give a vet a few starts to make sure Geno's ready, and McElroy is nothing but a clipholder, in the mold of Jason Garrett. THey got QB's, but its nothing they can't part ways with very easily.. Geno Smith was a great pickup.. To get a guy who was perdicted to go number 1overall about 2months ago, in the 2nd rd is pretty good, when ur situation at QB is what it is with the jets.. That DLINE looks beefy for the future with Wilkerson, Coples, and now Richardson, and Milliner is a nice replacement for Revis, and Brian Winters is a real stud, if u study his film, and i think will be alongtime starter in this league..

They got a potential number 1 WR for Geno to throw to all ready in Stephen Hill, and still have Santonio Holmes, and the decent Jeremey Kerley as well.. The problem is these recievers were never gonna suceed withouta QB who can truly sling it, which Geno Smith pretty much should be able to do.. A solid stable of backs, with Ivory being added as the power to go with additon of iMike Goodson and also Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight...

THey obviously still have pieces to add, but i think they are finally starting to make sensable moves and are unfoturtunetly on there way outta being the dysfunctional franchise they been.. They'll suck this yr, and next yr get a shot at a Marquise Lee or Austin Sefarian Jenkins, to bolster the offense as well..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'd like the vikings draft alot more if i thought Cordarelle Patterson was a better WR.. Just not a big fan of his, and he was on my bust list, along with Fluker and a couple others.. Not to mention, i never thought Shariff Floyd was as good as they were making em out to be, and mentioned this many times.. There getting a ton of credit for picking this kid because of his stock , but in reality, he was a 2nd-3rd rd prospect alot longer then he was a top 5prospect.. I thought he raised for the wrong reasons, and had alot less to do with his on field performance and more to do with his workouts and what not then anything else.. He is disruprtive, but there were quite a few disruptive DT's in this draft, and the eagles got Bennie Logan in RD3, and he fairs pretty closely to Floyd in my opinion...
    I agree with your analysis about Floyd ... but pairing him up with Allen on the outside will give him all the chances in the world to shine.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I can't believe how well they just reload.. Lose Rey Lewis, plug in Arthur Brown, lose Ed Reed, plug in Elam and Huff, lose Kruger, plug in Canty...etc
    Mmmm I think you're selling Kruger and Reed short. The Ravens definitely improve with Brown (at least from a skills/youth standpoint). I don't think Elam ever comes close to replacing Ed Reed. That's not to say he won't be good ... but those are huge shoes to fill from a production standpoint. Huff might very well end up having Ousamgha disease.

And Canty will never EVER give you the production that Kruger gave the Ravens last year (imo).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Mmmm I think you're selling Kruger and Reed short. The Ravens definitely improve with Brown (at least from a skills/youth standpoint). I don't think Elam ever comes close to replacing Ed Reed. That's not to say he won't be good ... but those are huge shoes to fill from a production standpoint. Huff might very well end up having Ousamgha disease.

And Canty will never EVER give you the production that Kruger gave the Ravens last year (imo).
    Well we are talking about Elam and Huff as compared to a very old Ed Reed.. I think most would take Matt Elam right now over another yr of Ed Reed.. He very well could retire after this yr, and the ravens could very well be set for the next 4-8 yrs at Safety with Elam , and adding Huff is a nic bonus.. U downplay Canty, but he simply wasen't a match as a down lineman, and is better suited on the outside, and always has been.. Reese has had very little luck trying to put guys outta scheme like Clint Sintim and Chris Canty both have proven.. Many worried about Chris Canty being inside when he came here, and also, he was injured often. Assumming he stays healthy, and is now back where he belongs, outside in a 3/4, he can be very good, and to put together a defense that everyone was crying they lost so much, so quickly, is about as impressive a task that has been done this offseason... Maybe there not quite as good on defense, but becuase of Ozzie Newsome they got a chance, and u didn't even mention Arthur Brown replacing Rey Lewis, yet another brilliant steal by Newsome, that sets them up for the forseeable future.. The guys a genius...

I agree with your analysis about Floyd ... but pairing him up with Allen on the outside will give him all the chances in the world to shine.
    of course, but that dosen't change the fact i didn't think Floyd was a top 5 guy and even really a 1st rder, and more on par with what he was before his big bowl game and the off season workouts, which was a 2nd-3rd rd prospect... I think a guy like Bennie Logan or Jordan Hill also could shine with allen outside..

Not to mention, he added Elvis Dumervill as well... Dumervill, Elam, Huff, Canty, Spears, A.Brown, is not a bad way to retool after u lose a guy to retirement, and lose a guy to being way overpaid(Kruger and Ellerbe), and a guy on the cusp of retirement in Ed Reed...

Cardinals draft was solid The first four picks are all playmakers at their position

Viking could have stopped after the first and thought it was a great draft. Patterson will fill in for Harvin and they got Jennings to go with. floyd and rhoades are studs

Jags to me hit a home run. they got the number 1 left tackle and a great Strong safety. Gratz a solid corner as well. Two big time players with the ball in hands in ace sanders and denard robinson. Allows this offense to open up a bit and will help MJD and Blackmon They also got Matt Scott as an undrafted QB who I like a ton. Has there been an undrafted qb to starter on day 1??

vikes and eagirls cards had great drafts
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Idk about overall drafts, but....
    Gotta luv carradne in the 2nd....jamar Taylor to the dolphins mid 2nd, Arthur brown to the ravens....Jonathan Franklin in the 4th....
    I think the 49ers going lattimore at the end of the 4th could be one of those "why didn't we think about that" picks....
    Rambo in the 6th, Jordan poyer in the 7th......Vikings with Rhodes & Floyd in the 20s

Rams need a whole lotta oline help , DB AND SKILL PLAYERS

+ Reply to Thread