+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think will be returning kicks now?

Who do you think will be returning kicks now?

It's a question I've been wondering since we got rid of Bradshaw..we're not going to use Wilson in returns obviously, so who will be making returns?

It's a tradition for us, some of our best players have started off as returners:

Toomer
    Sehorn (but that move is what caused his career IMO, God damn Jets)
    Barber
    Cruz

Are we going to use someone from last year, or someone we drafted? Do you guys think it'll be just a special teams player, or someone who can fill more of a role rather than a David Meggett? I don't even think the guy we drafted in the last round (Michael Cox) had a pro-day, I can't find his 40 time. Not only that, his picture kinda looks like it's one of those portrait pictures from the late 60's that you'd find on a football card lmao kinda looks like an old man.

Face it, you gotta be fast to return kicks..sure, speed isn't everything, but if you don't have the speed and stamina, you're going to run out of steam and be taken down before you can score (see Brian Mitchell, Chad Morton, Darius Reynaud, etc). That's honestly one of the reasons I felt Bradshaw's time as a Giant was done because he'd break for a long run and run out of steam..David Wilson doesn't do that.

Having said that, what are our options as of now? This is a touchy subject because you don't want to plug in a player who has the potential of getting injured on a return when he's supposed to be playing on most downs on offense/defense.

It's going to be a WR, CB or RB more than likely.. who do we have that can fit the bill?

Nassib..?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Nassib..?
    lol, I'm guessing Jerrel Jernigan, Louis Murphy or Rueban Randle...

I hope Wilson will be one of the guys returning kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    It's going to be a WR, CB or RB more than likely.. who do we have that can fit the bill?
    The problem with us picking a CB for this is what if Webster is in-fact done and we need another CB to step up and become a star? What if the potential CB to fill the role is on special teams instead? What if he gets injured?

Do we still have Darell Scott? The guy we just signed Marcus Davis might be a good fit, he's a WR and here's a line from his PROS on his draft profile : "Can be a bullish runner after the catch, also capable of spinning away from tackles after a stop route then turn on the jets. Has the size and length to dominate corners in the run game." I feel this is the best player for it, especially if we can then transition him into a starter somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I hope Wilson will be one of the guys returning kicks.
    Can't risk him behind both injured and fatigued.

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    lol, I'm guessing Jerrel Jernigan, Louis Murphy or Rueban Randle...
    I like those three. Worried about exposing Wilson to open field mayhem unless it's necessary. JJ, LM and RR bring enough speed and skill to protect Wilson a little bit.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I like those three. Worried about exposing Wilson to open field mayhem unless it's necessary. JJ, LM and RR bring enough speed and skill to protect Wilson a little bit.
    I'm never confident with us having a first stringer in at kick returner since Sehorn..

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Yup, Wilson being a featured back.. he won't be returning IMO. I can def see it being one of our lower depth WR's though..

+ Reply to Thread