+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DIPSET_ALL_DAY View Post
    It sucks man because honestly, Wilson was our best returner since Meggett and that's saying a lot. We have been quiet when it comes to kick returns since then..honestly, how many kick returns taken to the house can you remember off hand before last year? LOL...Dixon in the Super Bowl? Toomer before he was #81?
    I think this was the last one before the one Wilson had last season.

And there were no flags.
    Last edited by P_Simms_#11; 04-29-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    I read Ross's name as a possibility but can't find the article now.
    yeah i read it last week as well
    FUTURE NFL STAR

I'd let Leon Sandcastle do it...

C'mon guys, what's so hard, Leon Sandcastle

It's a question I've been wondering since we got rid of Bradshaw..we're not going to use Wilson in returns obviously, so who will be making returns?

It's a tradition for us, some of our best players have started off as returners:

Toomer
    Sehorn (but that move is what caused his career IMO, God damn Jets)
    Barber
    Cruz

Are we going to use someone from last year, or someone we drafted? Do you guys think it'll be just a special teams player, or someone who can fill more of a role rather than a David Meggett? I don't even think the guy we drafted in the last round (Michael Cox) had a pro-day, I can't find his 40 time. Not only that, his picture kinda looks like it's one of those portrait pictures from the late 60's that you'd find on a football card lmao kinda looks like an old man.

Face it, you gotta be fast to return kicks..sure, speed isn't everything, but if you don't have the speed and stamina, you're going to run out of steam and be taken down before you can score (see Brian Mitchell, Chad Morton, Darius Reynaud, etc). That's honestly one of the reasons I felt Bradshaw's time as a Giant was done because he'd break for a long run and run out of steam..David Wilson doesn't do that.

Having said that, what are our options as of now? This is a touchy subject because you don't want to plug in a player who has the potential of getting injured on a return when he's supposed to be playing on most downs on offense/defense.

Don't forget Bradshaw was our kick returner, and a good 1, for a majority of the 2007 season until he had to be promoted into the RB role due to injuries to Ward.

Ross was a good return man in college, as was JJ. Scott has returned for us before as well.

But I think if 1 of the RBs we have can show this capability he will likely make the roster as a depth RB. Cox, Scott or whoever.

enough with the sandcastle bs tired of hearing about it. was funny at 1st now its played out
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I hope Wilson will be one of the guys returning kicks.
    x2. He is too good at it to not do it. Dont worry about injuries. Play your best players in the right positions. Put him back there with Jernigan since JJ doesnt do anything else.

I'd stick with Wilson because he was excellent at it, but I know that Giants won't do it.

I don't want to burn a roster spot because keeping someone line JJ around just to return kicks.

It's a question I've been wondering since we got rid of Bradshaw..we're not going to use Wilson in returns obviously, so who will be making returns?

It's a tradition for us, some of our best players have started off as returners:

Toomer
    Sehorn (but that move is what caused his career IMO, God damn Jets)
    Barber
    Cruz

Are we going to use someone from last year, or someone we drafted? Do you guys think it'll be just a special teams player, or someone who can fill more of a role rather than a David Meggett? I don't even think the guy we drafted in the last round (Michael Cox) had a pro-day, I can't find his 40 time. Not only that, his picture kinda looks like it's one of those portrait pictures from the late 60's that you'd find on a football card lmao kinda looks like an old man.

Face it, you gotta be fast to return kicks..sure, speed isn't everything, but if you don't have the speed and stamina, you're going to run out of steam and be taken down before you can score (see Brian Mitchell, Chad Morton, Darius Reynaud, etc). That's honestly one of the reasons I felt Bradshaw's time as a Giant was done because he'd break for a long run and run out of steam..David Wilson doesn't do that.

Having said that, what are our options as of now? This is a touchy subject because you don't want to plug in a player who has the potential of getting injured on a return when he's supposed to be playing on most downs on offense/defense.
    I think its going to be " One Play " J.J. LOL after that one play return I don't have an idea.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Murphy, Scott, Jernigan in that order