+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5s for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Its hard to say because we need to see which Juniors come out and which stay in school. I say this because the junior class(class of 2015) is really quite amazing. But I think right now the clear top 3 talents are Clowney, Bridgewater and Marquise Lee.I am also high on Stephon Tuitt and Timmy Jernigan
    any relation to JJ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    any relation to JJ..?
    heh no. They are about as different as can be. Timmy's arms are bigger than Jerrel's entire body.

heh no. They are about as different as can be. Timmy's arms are bigger than Jerrel's entire body.
    Timmy kinda a Bennie logan type, offer some interior pass rush, while also being stout against the run?

Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.
    Nobody is trading that pick.. Team are gonna tank for it

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its not even close talent wise. But need for QB will probably trump.

Its a shame though, because Clowney is the best defensive prospect ever.

Tuitt another DE who can go top 5.
    Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is. Peppers led the nation in sacks with 15 as a sophomore and Williams was picked ahead of what a lot of people considered to be the next gayle sayers (Reggie bush).

In terms of classics you also have guys like Derrick Thomas (27 sacks in a season, 52 for a career), Bruce smith (22 sacks as a junior), reggie white (still holds the Tennessee record for sacks in a game, season and career) and LT who was about as animalist and physically gifted player that the NFL has ever seen...Clowney has a long, long way to go before matching any of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is. Peppers led the nation in sacks with 15 as a sophomore and Williams was picked ahead of what a lot of people considered to be the next gayle sayers (Reggie bush).

In terms of classics you also have guys like Derrick Thomas (27 sacks in a season, 52 for a career), Bruce smith (22 sacks as a junior), reggie white (still holds the Tennessee record for sacks in a game, season and career) and LT who was about as animalist and physically gifted player that the NFL has ever seen...Clowney has a long, long way to go before matching any of those guys.
    Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.
    whoa, 30sacks??lol I gotta see it before i believe it.. 30sacks is insanity.. If he gets 30sacks, it dont matter if a team needs a QB or not, there taking Clowney, even if they have solid DE's , because no one wants to be the team that misses out on the next Reggie White, or Bruce Smith..

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Lets pump the breaks on that a bit....Julius peppers and Mario Williams were every bit (if not more) the freaks that Clowney is..
    No, I'm with Slip on this 1.

Barring injury or some unforseen character issue, he is a lock for the #1 overall pick.

Peppers was not the #1 overall and Mario was kind of s surprise #1, most felt it was Bush's to lose. I would even put Suh over those 2 and LT gets honorable mention but since his skillset was not in high demand by the NFL at that time.

Clowney is the best defensive prospect I have ever seen. I dunno about the whole 30 sacks thing, but he is still the best prospect.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-29-2013 at 10:40 PM.

No, I'm with Slip on this 1.

Barring injury or some unforseen character issue, he is a lock for the #1 overall pick.

Peppers was not the #1 overall and Mario was kind of s surprise #1, most felt it was Bush's to lose. I would even put Suh over those 2 and LT gets honorable mention but since his skillset was not in high demand by the NFL at that time.

Clowney is the best defensive prospect I have ever seen. I dunno about the whole 30 sacks thing, but he is still the best prospect.
    LT was a defensive end at UNC, every team not named the Saints would have chosen LT 1st overall.
    Clowney is by far the best defensive prospect coming out in a long time. Asking is he the best? That's up for debate, the best I have ever seen was LT, Reggie White, Bruce Smith and Derrick Thomas.

Giants fan since the early 80s

+ Reply to Thread