+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5s for 2014

Veteran
    What position do you see us drafting in the first round? it could very well be O line again

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Clowney will be the number one pick. This guy is a freak of nature. Giants should trade up no matter what and get him!!!!Purifoy is decent. I have seen him at lot at UF but his has some off field baggage issues.
    Jaguars, Raiders, or Eagles will get him unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im telling you, Clowney is a better prospect than any of them.

Assuming Clowney stays healthy, hes going to have 30+ sacks this season.

And as freaky as Mario and Peppers are, they arent as freaky as clowney. Clowney is going to come in at 280 pounds and run a 4.5 something.
    30 sacks I dont know man thats a lot. I could see 30 TFL

Hey, wasn't JPP supposed to get "30" sacks last year? We saw how that went, let's not get crazy.

I obviously know one is in the NFL and another is in the NCAA and the playing level is different, but the outlandish expectations some people draw up aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Jaguars, Raiders, or Eagles will get him unfortunately
    Jets will be the worst team next year..

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Hey, wasn't JPP supposed to get "30" sacks last year? We saw how that went, let's not get crazy.

I obviously know one is in the NFL and another is in the NCAA and the playing level is different, but the outlandish expectations some people draw up aren't.
    umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks.

While I do not think Clowney will approach 30, it is not as crazy to think it could happen in college(though SCAR plays in SEC so maybe it is) There are multiple people with over 20 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas had 27.

Offenses are going to run away from Clowney like the plague. QBs will role away from him, teams will double and triple team him, Offenses will use quick throws(not as effective in college cause of rules) and teams will screen the heck out of him.

Still, he will be something to watch this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Jets will be the worst team next year..
    They will be in the running, everyone in their division got better this offseason. They are still the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Timmy kinda a Bennie logan type, offer some interior pass rush, while also being stout against the run?
    I think he is a better prospect than Bennie to be honest. Though it's a fair comparison. Here is a highlight of his sophomore season(last year, 2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks2gVG-suGA

Most feel he will come out this year.

2013 will be a interesting year because he will demand a lot more attention now that Werner and Tank are in the NFL. Teams couldn't double team him or anyone on FSU's front last year.

Most feel he is a top 15 prospect right now for next year, although we all know what that means(nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    umm....no nobody ever said JPP was getting 30 sacks. While I do not think Clowney will approach 30, it is not as crazy to think it could happen in college(though SCAR plays in SEC so maybe it is) There are multiple people with over 20 sacks a season. Derrick Thomas had 27. Offenses are going to run away from Clowney like the plague. QBs will role away from him, teams will double and triple team him, Offenses will use quick throws(not as effective in college cause of rules) and teams will screen the heck out of him. Still, he will be something to watch this year.
    I know for a fact that a 30 sack year for JPP was thrown around before the year started. I'll find the article later.

+ Reply to Thread