+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5s for 2014

Veteran

Top 5s for 2014

Now that the draft is over, lets look toward 2014. Who are you top 5 for each position?

Let's see how this changes from now and a year from now.

Well, thats difficult to do this early, but i got a kid i like alot and its Ryan Shazior LB Ohio st.. Hes alittle undersized, but cat like quickness, instinctive, and would bring some nessecary team speed to the defense..

Clowney
    Johnny Football
    Bridgewater
    Lewan
    Marqise Lee

Of Course, Jaquain Williams could end that, with a big yr... CJ Mosley, the inside/outside LB from Bama is a personal fave of many, and i like alot, even for this past yr, had he come out.. Scott Chriton DE Oregon St is a kid i like alot.. I'll wait to do a top 5 for awhile... Louchiez Purifoy CB FLA is another interesting prospect..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Well, thats difficult to do this early, but i got a kid i like alot and its Ryan Shazior LB Ohio st.. Hes alittle undersized, but cat like quickness, instinctive, and would bring some nessecary team speed to the defense..
    How do you think Mike Evans (wr a&m) stacks up against lee and watkins. Similarly, charles sims vs kadeem carey vs deanthony thomas? Then theres all the LTs. Should be a great offensive draft at the top end next year, no?

Already?

Clowny/Bridgewater will battle for #1 all year.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    How do you think Mike Evans (wr a&m) stacks up against lee and watkins. Similarly, charles sims vs kadeem carey vs deanthony thomas? Then theres all the LTs. Should be a great offensive draft at the top end next year, no?
    I gotta start doing my research, but Kadeem Carey is much more a compactly build RB then Deanthony Thomas, and seems like a guy who can run between the tackles alot more then Thomas on the NFL level, and handle more of a workload.. Thomas could be a dangerous 3rd down back, capable of change of pace, and catching the football outta the backfield and is kinda next yrs Percy Harvin/Tavon Austin type.. Kadeem Carey reminds me some of Jonathan Franklin...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Already?

Clowny/Bridgewater will battle for #1 all year.
    Its not even close talent wise. But need for QB will probably trump.

Its a shame though, because Clowney is the best defensive prospect ever.

Tuitt another DE who can go top 5.

#1. CJ Mosley - LB Alabama (pretty much a must get IMO after this draft. Assuming he continues to play like he has. Great character... Great against the pass and has been MUCH better against the run)

#2. Cyrus Kouandijo - LT Alabama (I'll stick with the same school. This dude is an absolute monster.. He would only be a junior but I expect he'll be a first rounder and will leave.) - another from Alabama I'd be all kinds of stoked about is Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - Safety

#3. Loucheiz Purifoy - CB Florda (Really going to be watching this guy... He looks poised for a monster year)

#4. Malcom Mitchell - WR Georgia

#5. Craig Loston - Safety LSU (5 star out of high school, great size and great athleticism. Going to be watching him a lot this year)
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 04-29-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Its hard to say because we need to see which Juniors come out and which stay in school. I say this because the junior class(class of 2015) is really quite amazing.

But I think right now the clear top 3 talents are Clowney, Bridgewater and Marquise Lee.

I am also high on Stephon Tuitt and Timmy Jernigan

+ Reply to Thread