+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Will Hankins and Joseph play together?

They remind me somewhat of eachother, anyone think they play together alot or at all or sometimes?

I think they are both Thumpers. More likely Linval and Jenkins..We need some kind of pass rush up the middle. In running downs, or most first downs i believe they could use Linval and Hankins. Good push up the middle. And Hankins and Sabino played together, they make a nice combo.

I think there may be a time like a short yardage set up that may call for the beef. Other than that it will be nice to have someone that can spell Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I think there may be a time like a short yardage set up that may call for the beef. Other than that it will be nice to have someone that can spell Joseph.
    Ya, so u think its more in case we lose Linval down the line then, because why draft a guy that will be a backup? U don 't draft a guy 49th overall to give a guy a spell... I'm hoping they figure out a way to use em both.. Linval does offer some pass rush ability, so maybe they attempt to use em both..

Don't see why not, the most dominant Defense I ever saw (2000 Ravens) played Sam Adams and Siragusa in their base 4/3. Both of them were nose tackle types

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Don't see why not, the most dominant Defense I ever saw (2000 Ravens) played Sam Adams and Siragusa in their base 4/3. Both of them were nose tackle types
    Back in 2000, NFL's weren't so pass happy as they are today though, and they didn't have so many QB's who can avoid big burly DT's.. It was a diffrent time back in 2000 another words...

Joseph and Big Hank will be a good run stuffing combo, I'm excited to see it..

I'm sure it will happen on short yardage situations or clear rushing downs. But, I don't think it will happen too much otherwise.

In fact, I think Hankins was drafted to replace Linval who is entering a contract year. Linval is going to get a LOT of offers next offseason, barring injury. There are a number of 34 teams that would love to steal him away. Considering how many big name free agents we have next year, and considering that he might get big offers elsewhere, I could see the Giants being forced to let Linval walk.

Linval can give some good push on passing down no doubt, I don't think Joseph would command too much in the open market though so I don't see us letting him go. Cofield/Robbins maybe? Cofield was faster than Linval I think but he also wasn't a specilized rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, so u think its more in case we lose Linval down the line then, because why draft a guy that will be a backup? U don 't draft a guy 49th overall to give a guy a spell... I'm hoping they figure out a way to use em both.. Linval does offer some pass rush ability, so maybe they attempt to use em both..
    Isn't Joseph coming up FA this year, you certainly want youth in the wings to cover the potential loss of one of your key starters on the D Line. The first year I would say back up...