+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Hankins and Joseph play together?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I'm sure it will happen on short yardage situations or clear rushing downs. But, I don't think it will happen too much otherwise.

In fact, I think Hankins was drafted to replace Linval who is entering a contract year. Linval is going to get a LOT of offers next offseason, barring injury. There are a number of 34 teams that would love to steal him away. Considering how many big name free agents we have next year, and considering that he might get big offers elsewhere, I could see the Giants being forced to let Linval walk.
    Thats pretty much what i thought, and i don't know if i care for the idea of spending 2of4 picks for down the line when we should be focusing on winning titles now, when our QB is in his prime and we got enough pieces in place to be a true contender.. But , another part of me understands trying to set up longterm as well, being that Reese is trying to keep his job , and has to worry about seasons beyond this yr..

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Linval can give some good push on passing down no doubt, I don't think Joseph would command too much in the open market though so I don't see us letting him go. Cofield/Robbins maybe? Cofield was faster than Linval I think but he also wasn't a specilized rusher.
    I think Linval is gonna command big dollars.. U look at what guys with less then Linvals numbers get on the open market, and its crazy, now add in a possibly little better then last yr for Linval which many expect, and hes gonna be in high demand.. With Nicks and Cruz demanding big dollars most likely, and ELI all ready seeing big dollars, and Prince Amukumuara and JPP not to far down the line, i could easily see Hankins as Linvals replacement , which i don't know if i like, but u never know, i suppose.. Linva as u said , can get more pressure on the QB then Hankins, or at least thats what it seems, albeit, u never do know for sure yet, and I don't see another pass rush interior pressence on the roster either outside of Cullen Jenkins, who very well could be a 1yr stop gap.. Kuhn could possibly be that guy, i suppose? Either way, i'm a huge Linval Joseph fan, and I'm kinda seeing the writing on the wall with this Hankins pick, and I just wanted to see if i was alone, and thats why i started this thread..

Baltimore still tries to utilize a stacked interior with Ngata and Kemoeatu. Even drafted Terrance Cody. However, Ngata can play anywhere on the line.

I hope to keep Joseph though.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    They remind me somewhat of eachother, anyone think they play together alot or at all or sometimes?
    I think you'll see a lot of two down sets with Hankins and Joseph (especially if Hankins pans out the way he's being billed).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I think Linval is gonna command big dollars.. U look at what guys with less then Linvals numbers get on the open market, and its crazy, now add in a possibly little better then last yr for Linval which many expect, and hes gonna be in high demand.. With Nicks and Cruz demanding big dollars most likely, and ELI all ready seeing big dollars, and Prince Amukumuara and JPP not to far down the line, i could easily see Hankins as Linvals replacement , which i don't know if i like, but u never know, i suppose.. Linva as u said , can get more pressure on the QB then Hankins, or at least thats what it seems, albeit, u never do know for sure yet, and I don't see another pass rush interior pressence on the roster either outside of Cullen Jenkins, who very well could be a 1yr stop gap.. Kuhn could possibly be that guy, i suppose? Either way, i'm a huge Linval Joseph fan, and I'm kinda seeing the writing on the wall with this Hankins pick, and I just wanted to see if i was alone, and thats why i started this thread..
    I don't know, there were plenty of good DT prospects in the draft so I hoped that would soften the market down. In the end I do feel like you, in that this is gonna be the last year in a Giants uniform for Joseph. I think it's a mistake because I believe Hankins is way more one dimensional than Joseph, and just won't ever be as good as he is. And if we keep Joseph I just don't know how he fits in and that Hankins is a waste because if one of them can't get any pass rush then look out for a passing attack. I hope we get to have both l, meaning one gets a lot better in rushing the passer or I just think the pick was a waste because I don't see him being better than Joseph.

I could see them playing on 1st and 2nd down. they have tons of flexibility if Rogers makes the team maybe him and hankins will be in on 1st and 2nd downs. then bring in jenkins,joseph,moore,jpp, and kiwi(at lb) and rush the crap out of the QB.

LInval is in a contract year but I don't see the GIants letting him go. If we go by numbers ok we just signed Jenkins given they play different techniques but Jenkins is good for more sacks and plays the run just as well. Linval has held the line up front for the Giants very well and he is a very good DT but I can't see him demanding crazy money. He is no Ngata or Suh. And I don't believe the Giants signed Hankins to become Bigger up front only to let Linval go a year later. The Giants are gonna cut some fat after this season is over and they will no doubt keep Joseph and JPP. I don't see Tuck getting a new contract unless he has a 10 plus sack season. Marvin Austin is GONE if he doesn't show some promise this year and do something with the play time he is given. Sean Rodgers is Old and I don't see him being apart of this team after this year either. I think he is here to groom Hankins and teach him as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DT2012 View Post
    LInval is in a contract year but I don't see the GIants letting him go. If we go by numbers ok we just signed Jenkins given they play different techniques but Jenkins is good for more sacks and plays the run just as well. Linval has held the line up front for the Giants very well and he is a very good DT but I can't see him demanding crazy money. He is no Ngata or Suh. And I don't believe the Giants signed Hankins to become Bigger up front only to let Linval go a year later. The Giants are gonna cut some fat after this season is over and they will no doubt keep Joseph and JPP. I don't see Tuck getting a new contract unless he has a 10 plus sack season. Marvin Austin is GONE if he doesn't show some promise this year and do something with the play time he is given. Sean Rodgers is Old and I don't see him being apart of this team after this year either. I think he is here to groom Hankins and teach him as much as possible.
    It isn't a matter of "letting him go"

it is a matter of having enough to sign him. Look how many big name free agents that we have next year and then tell me where we will find money to be competitive with the offers that Linval is likely to get, or any of the others.

No matter how we cut it this team is going to look very very different in 2014 than it does in 2013. We simply cannot afford to keep some of the high priced guys we have. I would hope we do not lose Linval but it is entirely possible considering the sheer number of people we have to resign.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    It isn't a matter of "letting him go"

it is a matter of having enough to sign him. Look how many big name free agents that we have next year and then tell me where we will find money to be competitive with the offers that Linval is likely to get, or any of the others.

No matter how we cut it this team is going to look very very different in 2014 than it does in 2013. We simply cannot afford to keep some of the high priced guys we have. I would hope we do not lose Linval but it is entirely possible considering the sheer number of people we have to resign.
    Which is fine, Linval is solid but nothing spectacular. This pick might have actually saved us some money next off-season. Joseph is replaceable, just like Coefield was.

I'd love to see a 3 DT formation where a LB is replaced (alternatively, have a 3rd DT stand up at MLB) for short yardage run defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

+ Reply to Thread