+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Hankins and Joseph play together?

I like Linval but he was not overly impressive last year. He didn't play well against the run at all!!! He is 320lbs he should be able to eat up some space. Now its not all his fault the entire D played horrid against the run. But this is why I don't see any team throwing big money at Joseph. He was expected to be a Pro Bowler by now and he hasn't shown that kind of play steady enough. I am eager to see how things playout this year and next year as a fan just go with whatever happens. I still think Hankins is gonna turn out to be much better than many think.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    It isn't a matter of "letting him go"

it is a matter of having enough to sign him. Look how many big name free agents that we have next year and then tell me where we will find money to be competitive with the offers that Linval is likely to get, or any of the others.

No matter how we cut it this team is going to look very very different in 2014 than it does in 2013. We simply cannot afford to keep some of the high priced guys we have. I would hope we do not lose Linval but it is entirely possible considering the sheer number of people we have to resign.
    He is as good as gone. Nicks,JPP, and Cruz are going to cost us 25 million easy a year there wont be money for Linval

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is as good as gone. Nicks,JPP, and Cruz are going to cost us 25 million easy a year there wont be money for Linval
    I agree. I guess I was just trying to break it to people softly heh. I think Linval is as good as gone provided he has a relatively injury free year.

Is Peanut butter And Jelly A Sandwich LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    They remind me somewhat of each other, anyone think they play together a lot or at all or sometimes?
    I would love to see AP run up the middle on Monday Night and get Swallowed Up.

I can see Hankins playing along side Joseph later in the season after he has won the trust of the coaching staff. I'm anxious to see how his speed and agility translates in the NFL.

I can't see the the Giants letting Joseph go after this season though. Regardless of how quick Hankins develops. They'll restructure a few contracts if they have to. He's young and still a solid DT.

With that being said, Marvin Austin is in trouble! He better come out like a man possessed this summer or he'll be the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I can see Hankins playing along side Joseph later in the season after he has won the trust of the coaching staff. I'm anxious to see how his speed and agility translates in the NFL.

I can't see the the Giants letting Joseph go after this season though. Regardless of how quick Hankins develops. They'll restructure a few contracts if they have to. He's young and still a solid DT.

With that being said, Marvin Austin is in trouble! He better come out like a man possessed this summer or he'll be the odd man out.
    So was Coefield and they replaced him. I like Linval a lot I want to keep him but I dont think he is an irreplaceable guy like JPP

why woudnt we? pretty safe to say that if u matchup with the OL player 1v1, theres flaws in a second business

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I think there may be a time like a short yardage set up that may call for the beef. Other than that it will be nice to have someone that can spell Joseph.
    He'll replace Joseph if he doesn't get more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    So was Coefield and they replaced him. I like Linval a lot I want to keep him but I dont think he is an irreplaceable guy like JPP
    After last season's debacle no DT should even have a gauranteed starting spot. I'd call for an open competition in camp. Last year's run defense was shameful and despite what most posters on this board think Joseph was a part of that shame . He made good plays, but he got smacked around a lot too, and I'm talking about one on one.

Hank is more powerful than Joseph. We may end up letting Joseph go at the end of the season if he doesn't improve from last year. We certainly won't match a big contract from another team without improved performance. I'd like to keep both of them because.

Hopefully this year the guys inside on the D-Line play much better. With all the new additions the Giants have hopefully it helps Linval out so he can make more plays and bigger plays. I hope guys like Big Hank, Marvin Austin and others really come out and show what they can do. I would love nothing more than to have the competition be so close at DT the coaches have a hard time choosing the rotation.

+ Reply to Thread