+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ok all you draft heads!

I'm looking for a list of 10-15 guys in next years draft that I should be watching and why..

Some of you guys on here are incredible at breaking down the draft and team needs. Also predicting where each guy will go.

Who can come up with a list of guys the NYG will target around draft day..

I'm just trying to get a feel of some players to watch in anticipation of next years draft.. Any input is wanted!

Obviously are draft position will change that's why I gave a rather large window of 10-15 guys.

ALSO,

Later round guys.. Who has potential to be a big steal?

Excited to get your opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Go to the website I cut games for Draftbreakdown.com we have almost 300 2014 Prospects covered with games already.Its tough to predict what are needs will be right now. A lot depends on who gets resigned.If Hakeem Nicks is brought back WR will be fine but if he isnt we probably look to add another player to the mix. I believe we will see a LB picked fairly high "first 3 Rounds". i know thats been said a lot over the years but I just cant see them ignoring it after this season. I think a 3 Tech is a possibility. 2 games in I can give a bunch of scenarios. Free Safety with Browns injury, another Cornerback with all are corners over 30. I think the Giants still need a legitimate edge rusher. TE is a huge need are TE's make me want to vomit

What we need for sure no matter what happens with are own players

1. LB
    2. Interior Line -Snee is done but makes 10 million next year, Kevin Boothe is average, Baas is overpaid
    3.TE- are Tight ends are laughable and a reason why are red zone offense struggles
    4. RB- David Wilson isnt an every down back a bruiser that can bang between the tackles is a need

I was hoping you would respond. Great site!

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Go to the website I cut games for Draftbreakdown.com we have almost 300 2014 Prospects covered with games already.Its tough to predict what are needs will be right now. A lot depends on who gets resigned.If Hakeem Nicks is brought back WR will be fine but if he isnt we probably look to add another player to the mix. I believe we will see a LB picked fairly high "first 3 Rounds". i know thats been said a lot over the years but I just cant see them ignoring it after this season. I think a 3 Tech is a possibility. 2 games in I can give a bunch of scenarios. Free Safety with Browns injury, another Cornerback with all are corners over 30. I think the Giants still need a legitimate edge rusher. TE is a huge need are TE's make me want to vomit

What we need for sure no matter what happens with are own players

1. LB
    2. Interior Line -Snee is done but makes 10 million next year, Kevin Boothe is average, Baas is overpaid
    3.TE- are Tight ends are laughable and a reason why are red zone offense struggles
    4. RB- David Wilson isnt an every down back a bruiser that can bang between the tackles is a need
    I agree for most part. I think CB/LB/S/Interior/Bruiser back are our biggest needs. I'll also add another pass rusher, with Tuck near the end, and Kiwi being terrible and JPP not showing much in over a yr.

The Giants need a ton of help. Shoot, as you said, they could end up needing a WR if Nicks leaves. Basically were gonna be wideopen on what to pick, depening on FA'cy of course.

Honestly, it is too soon to respond to this aside from telling what our needs are right now, which you prolly already know.

As far as who to watch, I would recommend just hanging around this forums and yapping it up with us are arguing with us or whatever. Throughout college season is the best time to visit the draft forums because the guys who really watch college football do the posting. In my opinion, once the season is over and as the draft approaches the forums fill up with guys who just watch a couple highlight clips on youtube.

No one person can really watch all of the country's college teams and ppl tend to have teams they follow more closely. So the forums are great for hearing about guys you may not have seen play as much as you would like because of regional restrictions or small school or w/e.

So hang with us, discuss with us, and argue with us(but not with me cause then you will be wrong.)

The draft forum in football season is, in my opinion, filled with the best posters these boards have to offer.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-19-2013 at 08:20 PM.

CJ Mosley and Van Noy are two guys I'll be watching
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Jordan Matthews, WR Vanderbilt - (3)Jack Mewhort, OL Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5)Bryan Stork, C Florida State - (5)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford
    (6)Prince Shembo, OLB Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree for most part. I think CB/LB/S/Interior/Bruiser back are our biggest needs. I'll also add another pass rusher, with Tuck near the end, and Kiwi being terrible and JPP not showing much in over a yr.

The Giants need a ton of help. Shoot, as you said, they could end up needing a WR if Nicks leaves. Basically were gonna be wideopen on what to pick, depening on FA'cy of course.
    Defensively this team is a train wreck. There isnt a lot of Youth to build around. this is what we have

JPP
    Damontre Moore

Linval - Free agent
    Hankins
    Kuhn- coming off injury

Safety

Stevie Brown FA and on IR
    Will Hill - not reliable
    Cooper Taylor - Jurys out

Cornerback

Prince- Legitimate starter
    Hosley - been disappointing

Linebacker

Willliams -Has been a huge let down for me thought he was going to turn into something
    Paysinger - Roster player but nothing special
    Herzlich- Not an NFL player

This is why I dont get the expectations that some have for this team. A lot look at this roster as loaded thats not what I see at all. How many differance makers do we have.

On Offense if Nicks is resigned we are in pretty good shape.We will have are QB 3 WR's and are bookend tackles and 1 split time RB. The Giants are locked into 2 of their 3 Interior lineman still but I think it would be a good idea to take 1 if the opportunity presents itself .

Chris Snee makes 10 million next year if we cut him we save 7.25 million. For 7.25 million we can find a better Guard. With him being Coughlins son in law i really wonder if the Giants would do it. If I was Snee I would think about retiring. My game is deteriorating , I made a lot of money, Was 1 of the best players at my position for a 5 year stretch , won 2 Super Bowls , why not get out now with my health. What i find amazing is the Giants have a lot of money tied into the Oline and it sux.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Reese just has to get back to what he used to do. Sitting back and let players fall to him. Stop with the reaches and projects.

Here's my current list.
    I have trouble evaluating OL (inside OL especially) so I didn't list any

Ryan Shazier - LB - Ohio State - undersized a bit. But explosive player. Can run sideline to sideline with anyone. And loves to hit.
    Stephen Tuitt - DE/DT - ND - gained too much weight this offseason, but don't often see a 300+ pound guy who is a capable edge rusher.
    HaHa Clinton Dix - S - Alabama - talented safety who has range and is a good tackler
    Khalil Mack - LB - Buffalo - not a cover guy, but going forward he is a beast. Can rush the passer as well. Would be a great fit as a SAM.
    Will Sutton - DT - AZ State - undersized but explosive. A bit of Geno Atkins to his game
    Antone Exum - CB/S - VT - bigger CB who is somewhat similar to Xavier Rhodes. Good cover guy. Good body control. Finds the ball well. And is physical.
    Yawin Smallwood - LB - Uconn - stood out to me last year even with nfl talent around him. I see a bit of navarro bowman to him
    Daniel McCullers - DT - Tenn - huge man who can move, rare combo. He's not going to be Dontari Poe. But he's still going to make a heck of a 0 or 1 tech
    Last edited by slipknottin; 09-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Reese just has to get back to what he used to do. Sitting back and let players fall to him. Stop with the reaches and projects.
    Exactly what i've thought the past couple yrs when people were ripping me for not being high on Reeses drafts on here.