+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Not including ours, what teams drafted the best in ur opinion?

Not being able to choose are draft if u were, what teams do u think did the best?

I had the Packers on my list last yr, and i got them on my list again this yr...
    PACKERSThe packers had RB issues and were able to add not only Eddie Lacy, but also Jonathan Franklin as well.. Thats a great combanation of power and speed...

They also added Datone Jones at 26 which was solid value, and will help against the read option, and bolster there dline.

They got a versatile defender in Micah Hyde late in the 5th as well as another big body for the Dline in Josh Boyd after that, both great later rd picks and even and still managed to get not one but 2 nice Oline pieces in David Bakihatri and J.C Tretter.. Ted Thompson really knows what hes doing...

----------------------------------------

49ERSThe 49ers continue to impress me with there work , and that teams roster is so talented now, its kinda scary.. Albeit, i thought a tad of a reach for Eric Reid, it was a need after losing Dashon Goldson to FA'cy, and they found tremendous value with Tank Carradine, Marcus Lattimore, and WR Quinton Patton.. I loved Vance McDonald as a prospect, and hes a perfect fit to take over for recently departed Delanie Walker...

----------------------------------------------------------

RAVENS

Again, Ozzie Newsome does wonders, even when his team wins the SB.. The team loses Ed Reed, but gains Huff in FA'cy and Matt Elam in the draft.. Amazing! They lose Ray Lewis and Ellerbe, but he gets the versatile Arthur Brown, amazing! They get a great fit in Brandon Williams in RD3 for that Dline, as Spears and Canty aren't long term answers, and grabs another pass rusher with some value in John Simon outta ohio st , and gets value picks later on like Ricky Wagner, Arron Mellette and Marc Anthony.. Ozzie has this GM thing down to a science...

There were other teams i really liked as well, but these teams stuck out to me, and the crazy part is, they all made the postseson last yr all ready and 2 were represented in the SB...

Both the teams you mentioned but I also liked the cardinals draft

I think the Rams killed the draft honestly! I think they did awesome.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I think the Rams killed the draft honestly! I think they did awesome.
    Ya, to be honest, the NFC WEST in general did extremely well, and that division only got stronger... The cards will still need a QB, and had a great chance to draft a QB to groom behind Carson Palmer who is injury prone, but didn't, would be my only gripe.. I actually like Earl Watford alot though, despite the fact they reached a bit, he can really move well for a guard and get blocks on the 2nd level.. That NFC WEST is looking insane..

As for the Rams, they've got a team i think can contend in that division, as they all ready gave the 9ers a heap of trouble last yr, and now u add the kinda speed that Ogletree and Austin can bring to both sides of the ball, to go along with Jared Cook at TE, and Brian Quick and Chris Givens.. THey added Jake Long also in FA'cy, and now bolstered there interior with a nice versatile piece in Barrett Jones, and i love the value of a Brandon McGee at pick 149 to help at Corner, and Zac Stacy was a well liked sleeper by many on these boards, and should combine with RIchardson to form a nice backfield...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 04-29-2013 at 02:50 PM.

I like the Titans draft. Not a fan of interior linemen going in the top 10 but it makes sense for their team since they live through the run. Chance Warmack and Andy Levitre will make a great G combo. Justin Hunter was my top ranked WR so I'd say they got great 2nd round value. Wreh-Wilson will make a fine starter in a few years on that team and Schwenke could be the future at center.

I also like what MIami was able to accomplish.. They got a top flight deep threat in Mike Wallace during the offseason, and then came away with a pass rusher opposite Cam Wake in Dion Jordan to help get to Tom Brady , and form a really formidable duo, and then the value of a Jamar Taylor was sensational at pick 54, and added even more CB depth with Will Davis after that, again thinking about those Pats and there high powered offense, and they needed a TE, so got Martellus Bennetts twin in Dion Sims fairly late, and yet another weapon for RYan Tannehill whos now got some guys to throw to, and a Mike Gillislee to challenge Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas was a good idea, as they hope to find one starter capable player outta the 3.. The dolphins got better this offseason, no doubt about it.. THey did lose dansby however, but could possibly play Jelani Jenkins inside?

Eagles have had two solid drafts in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I like the Titans draft. Not a fan of interior linemen going in the top 10 but it makes sense for their team since they live through the run. Chance Warmack and Andy Levitre will make a great G combo. Justin Hunter was my top ranked WR so I'd say they got great 2nd round value. Wreh-Wilson will make a fine starter in a few years on that team and Schwenke could be the future at center.
    Agreed, the titans draft was also very good.. They really beefed up the interior of that Offensive line this offseason to help protect Locker as well as give Chris Johnson every chance to become what he once was, and the additon of Justin Hunter, should really light a fire under Kenny Britts rear, and now they have a true trio of WR's capable of challenging anyone elses 3, and there all fairly young, so they can grow with locker.. Also they added Delaine Walker in FA'cy, yet another capable pass catcher, and a Interior runner in Shonn Greene, which could be deadly with the additons of Levitre, Warmack, and Schwenke...

Also , they got 2 big and fast corners in Blidi Wreh and late rd sleeper Wooten, who is very good in his own right and could be a steal...Lavar Edwards is good depth behind injury prone Derrick Morgan, and should help against the run...

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    By the way, Justin Hunter was also my top rated WR in this draft class..

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Eagles have had two solid drafts in a row.
    THe eagles do really well late in the drafts i feel.. Getting corner like Brandon Boykin and now Jordan Poyer makes me annoyed..lol Also, they got consensus sleeper Earl Wolff as well fairly late, and for us, a team that has very little at LB, we now have to contend with Zach Ertz as well as Brent Celek.. I think that might be just why we drafted Coop Taylor to be honest..

Lane Johnson is one of the most athletic OT's to ever come out in the draft, and watching JPP vs Johnson for yrs to come will be alot of fun... Gap Shooting Bennie Logan also has alot of upside, and i kinda liked him better then hankins, but we shall see..