+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Beatty VS. Justin Pugh . Comparing prospects.

Pugh's lack of strength really bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    me 2.. Seems very ordinary to me, as a prospect...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Is that from 2012 film? Or 2011?

Reese said 2012 he was clearly not at full strength with his shoulder injury, and seemed much stronger towards the end of the season when he was healed up

OOOOH! what a saucy thread! I wanna comment first before reading opinions.

Props to you bud.

And he still managed 22 on the bench (not to mention coming back from said shoulder injury and giving up a half-sack and no hurries all year).

I don't think strength is an issue personally.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I was listening to an interview with Ernie Accorsi about Pugh. The question was brought up about his reach and Accorsi's reaction was...he isn't bussing tables. So there you go...Accorsi and his protege' are on board with this pick.
    Okay, I know this is sort of beating a dead horse. I'm not an expert so here is my question. Is Pugh's arm length really that big of a problem?

From my stand point I imagine it is not, i mean it's not like it is 2" or 3" shorter. Is this really going to cause problems? or are some ppl just blowing it out of proportion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    And he still managed 22 on the bench (not to mention coming back from said shoulder injury and giving up a half-sack and no hurries all year).

I don't think strength is an issue personally.
    22 reps is pretty poor though, especially for someone with short arms.

I wonder if its shoulder related still?

I don't think concerns about his strength is limited to his upper body [bench press / injured shoulder]. He does get pushed back his share and starts falling off kilter when engaged. That can be anywhere from his base to his core. I think that can obviously be remedied, I just don't think he has that much more to grow into.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Okay, I know this is sort of beating a dead horse. I'm not an expert so here is my question. Is Pugh's arm length really that big of a problem?

From my stand point I imagine it is not, i mean it's not like it is 2" or 3" shorter. Is this really going to cause problems? or are some ppl just blowing it out of proportion?
    Nope, not at all but it seems to be the 'experts' knock on him and something for fans to have fun with. Unless of course he is falling from an insane height and misses catching onto a branch by an inch or two or if the trainers and players get tired of buckling his chin strap for him.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 05-03-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I just don't think he has that much more to grow into.
    That is the part of your statement I do not understand. Why do you think this? Do you have insight into his frame that we do not? Reese mentioned he has plenty of room for bulk. What is your basis? Is it the short arms?

Or, are you stating someone else's opinion? Because generally, unless I have actually seen the guy up close, I think it is impossible to tell this kind of information from a video of a guy playing football. He is 6'5 306 LBS, he is pretty lean for a guy that size. If anything, that would suggest he has plenty room to add bulk, maybe not as much as a guy with 35 inch arms, but he has plenty.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 05-03-2013 at 07:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread