+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    austin is undersized, they're not really similar... i get what you're trying to say though.
    They're not similar as players but I meant the situation in general. Austin would have been a first round pick if it wasn't for that year he missed. He was actually a better prospect at his time than Hankins was, and he ended up being a nobody.

If Hankins becomes another Linval I'd be more than happy.

Hankins is a zero tech. He was projected by almost everyone to go to a 34 team as a nose tackle. However, a lot of teams(us included) are using a zero tech in a 43 scheme. It is a very valuable position to the defense. Just don't go expecting a lot of sacks from this guy. He is a meatwall, not a sacker.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Hankins is a zero tech. He was projected by almost everyone to go to a 34 team as a nose tackle. However, a lot of teams(us included) are using a zero tech in a 43 scheme. It is a very valuable position to the defense. Just don't go expecting a lot of sacks from this guy. He is a meatwall, not a sacker.
    Which is EXACTLY what we need. Wilfork doesn't get a lot of sacks either.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

the more I watch of this guy, the more excited I get. I'd be surprised if he sniffed 40 snaps a game. 61 snaps per game in college and this guy's motor is in question? are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
    the more I watch of this guy, the more excited I get. I'd be surprised if he sniffed 40 snaps a game. 61 snaps per game in college and this guy's motor is in question? are you serious?
    Well, his motor was in question because he was prolly playing 20 snaps too many.

But, he also reportedly had a weight problem at 1 point.

Motor is sometimes confused for dedication. Anytime a guy has a weight problem his dedication will be in question.

Starter
    I saw a clip of him on "Game Changers" on NFL Network, I think. Or maybe it was another show, I dunno anymore, He seems very humble.

I don't expect him to dominate in his first year. Use him in the rotation and let him mature and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    probably most excited about this pick. If he's real, he solves ALOT of problems we've had on defense. gets into the backfield on runs, shallows out the pocket, occupies more than one body, that helps everybody.

you can't find players like this anymore, which is why he slipped. everything is passrush now. this guy just eats up space.

love this pick. absolutely LOVE IT.
    Couldn't agree more, after watching team after team run through the middle of our line last year this was the guy that the G'men needed. I liked this pick a ton!

All-Pro
    No reason to compare him to Austin. When Austin was drafted he already lost a full year. Then he tore his pec and lost another season. No one knows for sure what could have been had he not lost all that time. Maybe he even comes to camp in shape and competes this year especially with the draft and FA. As for the pick, sound like as long as they monitor his snaps he should be able to hold up just fine. Some better nutrition and training could give him a few more snaps as well.

Meatwall.. hehe

We sure could have used a meatwall or two last year. After watching the video, I like the pick even more.
    No one remembers who came in second.