+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

On Monday, New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese said he remains "hopeful" that a deal between Big Blue and wide receiver Victor Cruz can get done. That, of course, is a far cry from what co-owner John Mara said a few weeks ago when he assured the world a deal "would get done." But now, head coach Tom Coughlin is beginning to become bothered by the ongoing negotiations and, for the first time, admitted some "concern" over the lack of progress.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/30/...ome-a-concern/

If posted already please except my humble apology!
    Giants fan since '58

I don't think Cruz us worth anymore than what has been offered tbh. I know alot of people really like him (I do as well) but for a WR that played lights out 1 year and the next year almost led the league in drops and dissapeared when Nicks got hurt... He's not a one man show or at least not one that is big enough to warrant 10-12mil guaranteed per year.

Not just yet anyways imo. Either way, I hope this gets done quickly. Nobody likes this crap dragging into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    I don't think Cruz us worth anymore than what has been offered tbh. I know alot of people really like him (I do as well) but for a WR that played lights out 1 year and the next year almost led the league in drops and dissapeared when Nicks got hurt... He's not a one man show or at least not one that is big enough to warrant 10-12mil guaranteed per year.

Not just yet anyways imo. Either way, I hope this gets done quickly. Nobody likes this crap dragging into camp.
    Amen to that brother!
    I for one feel exactly the same way...he is NOT worth what he is asking for, and the rest of the NFL make that exact statement when he didn't get ONE offer. He needs to understand that 7+mil / year is not a slouch salary. He is a terrific slot receiver but NOT a great #1 WR. I'm very disappointed in him. I hope Mara pulls a Khan (Jags owner/ Jones-drew situation) and flips him the royal Italian salute if he decides to hold out.
    I miss Red Hook!

He disappeared when Nicks got hurt? How is it he lead the team's receivers for the second year in a row? It's OK to criticize him regarding his contract but we don't yet know what his salary requests are. The media has told us it's $10M as speculation. The time to say he's "worth" his contract is after we know what it is that he signs.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He disappeared when Nicks got hurt? How is it he lead the team's receivers for the second year in a row? It's OK to criticize him regarding his contract but we don't yet know what his salary requests are. The media has told us it's $10M as speculation. The time to say he's "worth" his contract is after we know what it is that he signs.
    I'll sign it!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    I'll sign it!
    You're easy.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

You're right RF, that was a strong word. My opinion remains the same regarding his worth though.

You're right RF, that was a strong word. My opinion remains the same regarding his worth though.
    His worth will be determined by what the Giants agree to pay him. Not what he's asking for, not what the Giants initially offered, and not by us.

Yes he did. Now you are saying Nicks is not a good receiver. Before Cruz came on the scene, Nicks was the leading man or putting up good numbers. He could have had more if Eli would have played better.

Being the leading receiver has nothing to do about the situation. Yes he was the leading receiver but it has no bearing cause we are talking about he wanting too much money. He is not worth double digit mils and not even 7 or 8 mil either. With healthy Nicks, Cruz put up a lot of yards and so on in 011, but without a healthy Nicks, Cruz barely reached over a thousand yards. Now do the math. Oh and how do you know if Nicks was healhy, he would have been the leading receiver last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yes he did. Now you are saying Nicks is not a good receiver. Before Cruz came on the scene, Nicks was the leading man or putting up good numbers. He could have had more if Eli would have played better.

Being the leading receiver has nothing to do about the situation. Yes he was the leading receiver but it has no bearing cause we are talking about he wanting too much money. He is not worth double digit mils and not even 7 or 8 mil either. With healthy Nicks, Cruz put up a lot of yards and so on in 011, but without a healthy Nicks, Cruz barely reached over a thousand yards. Now do the math. Oh and how do you know if Nicks was healhy, he would have been the leading receiver last year?
    I didn't mention Nicks, you did, and what has he to do with Cruz's contract negotiations? His being the leading receiver is certainly a negotiation point. Nicks biggest problem, contractually speaking, is his inability to play a full season. Cruz has been the leading receiver for the past two, 2, dos years. You can ignore that if you wish. You can say Nicks being on the field made it possible for Cruz to make those numbers and I would agree with you.

This is not about Nicks, it's about Cruz. The numbers are what they are and Jerry Reese knows better than anyone how they came a bout. How much money ie Cruz asking for? Not what the media has suggested, but how much has Cruz or the team said Cruz is asking for?