+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

On Monday, New York Giants General Manager Jerry Reese said he remains "hopeful" that a deal between Big Blue and wide receiver Victor Cruz can get done. That, of course, is a far cry from what co-owner John Mara said a few weeks ago when he assured the world a deal "would get done." But now, head coach Tom Coughlin is beginning to become bothered by the ongoing negotiations and, for the first time, admitted some "concern" over the lack of progress.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/30/...ome-a-concern/

If posted already please except my humble apology!
    Giants fan since '58

I don't think Cruz us worth anymore than what has been offered tbh. I know alot of people really like him (I do as well) but for a WR that played lights out 1 year and the next year almost led the league in drops and dissapeared when Nicks got hurt... He's not a one man show or at least not one that is big enough to warrant 10-12mil guaranteed per year.

Not just yet anyways imo. Either way, I hope this gets done quickly. Nobody likes this crap dragging into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    I don't think Cruz us worth anymore than what has been offered tbh. I know alot of people really like him (I do as well) but for a WR that played lights out 1 year and the next year almost led the league in drops and dissapeared when Nicks got hurt... He's not a one man show or at least not one that is big enough to warrant 10-12mil guaranteed per year.

Not just yet anyways imo. Either way, I hope this gets done quickly. Nobody likes this crap dragging into camp.
    Amen to that brother!
    I for one feel exactly the same way...he is NOT worth what he is asking for, and the rest of the NFL make that exact statement when he didn't get ONE offer. He needs to understand that 7+mil / year is not a slouch salary. He is a terrific slot receiver but NOT a great #1 WR. I'm very disappointed in him. I hope Mara pulls a Khan (Jags owner/ Jones-drew situation) and flips him the royal Italian salute if he decides to hold out.
    I miss Red Hook!

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post

He disappeared when Nicks got hurt? How is it he lead the team's receivers for the second year in a row? It's OK to criticize him regarding his contract but we don't yet know what his salary requests are. The media has told us it's $10M as speculation. The time to say he's "worth" his contract is after we know what it is that he signs.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

"He is reported to be seeking between $3 million-$4 million more per season."

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/n...-per-year.html

Don't know how accurate that source is but that seems pretty far apart. I also don't think he's worth much more than the offer we've already given him. 11 or 12 mil per season is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheSalt View Post
    "He is reported to be seeking between $3 million-$4 million more per season."

http://www.bizjournals.com/newyork/n...-per-year.html

Don't know how accurate that source is but that seems pretty far apart. I also don't think he's worth much more than the offer we've already given him. 11 or 12 mil per season is too much.
    Unless it comes from one of the people involved in the negotiations, it doesn't mean spit. What is being asked for is really immaterial. What they will accept is all that matters.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Unless it comes from one of the people involved in the negotiations, it doesn't mean spit. What is being asked for is really immaterial. What they will accept is all that matters.
    I agree, just posting what information I found. I'm pretty confident a deal will get done, I just had a gut feeling when this jz stepped in it was gonna complicate things. I could be 100% wrong.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.

I'm not confident Cruz will sign the contract. If the Giants don't pay the asking price he wont sign.

#5 QB - Everett Golson
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I fear this will end in two ways, 1) Giants going above market value 2) Cruz going somewhere else. It's getting uglier than some people realize.

If he moves on he moves on. The Giants will be ok regardless.

+ Reply to Thread