+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin Admits Victor Cruz Situation Has Become a “Concern”

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    Cruz is beginning to get on my nerves as well! I understand he wants as much as he can get but it dosent mean hes worth it!

if this guy is gonna be a cancer in the locker room then I vote to have him traded for a 1st rounder next year or traded for a player of equal value this year!
    He's taking the Melo route! Sign the RFA contract, then force a trade!
    Giants fan since '58

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Cruz doesn't HAVE to sign the current offer. He can sign the RFA contract and play elsewhere next season.
    That's true. But it was reported Cruz told Condon not to bother soliciting offers from other teams as he wants to stay here. He met briefly with John Mara at an award ceremony last week where the hugged and exchanged pleasantries. My sense is Condon is a busy dude right now with several contracts and will get a deal done with Reese in due time.

Playing under the tender, while an option, really doesn't get Cruz close to whatever his goal is. It's also the more risky of the two contract options he had since there is no guarantee and would pay him $5M less in 2013. I don't think he will actually get more than $4M in 2013 under a long term deal, but he will recover the remainder over the term of the contract. This is very doable and his playing here in 2013 is virtually assured.

As for holding out, that really isn't in his best interest and I can't imagine Condon recommending he take that route.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    He's going to sign.....he doesn't have much of a choice...this is how negotiations work....he has nothing to lose, so he'll wait until the last minute hoping that the NYG cave in with more $$$....
    If he doesn't sign, his risks a off season or injury, then he'll be a free agent & getting offers for about half of what he's going to get now....and if he were to sit out, nobodies going to want him
    He doesn't have to sign a long term contract!!!!! He can sign his tender and Go UFA Next season -- Then The Giants can Franchise Tag him next season, which would give the Giants And Cruz more time to hash out a long term deal

Cruz is beginning to get on my nerves as well! I understand he wants as much as he can get but it dosent mean hes worth it!

if this guy is gonna be a cancer in the locker room then I vote to have him traded for a 1st rounder next year or traded for a player of equal value this year!
    How is he a "cancer" in the locker room. Do you think any other player wouldn't be doing the same thing? Eli has said he understands what Cruz is doing and supports him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

This will all be done by June 17th. If he doesn't sign Jerry's offer or the 2.98M tender by June 17th, the team can reduce the tender offer to $630K for 2014. There is no way he let's it go past then. One way or another we will know the outcome by then.

Play hardball Jerry!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    He's taking the Melo route! Sign the RFA contract, then force a trade!
    that's an option however after the Giants discovered Cruz I would like to see them get something for him not just let him walk.

personally I just want him signed and ready to go. we don't need everyone talking about him vs. the Giants during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    How is he a "cancer" in the locker room. Do you think any other player wouldn't be doing the same thing? Eli has said he understands what Cruz is doing and supports him.
    I just feel like it will turn into that if he doesn't sign the deal soon whatever it is. TC is already alluding to that with his comments imo!

that's an option however after the Giants discovered Cruz I would like to see them get something for him not just let him walk.

personally I just want him signed and ready to go. we don't need everyone talking about him vs. the Giants during the season.
    They aren't going to trade Cruz. He wants to be here, they clearly want him to be here. Reese just said no one is mad at anyone and that Cruz should weigh all of his options. It's a process, we need to be patient.

I just feel like it will turn into that if he doesn't sign the deal soon whatever it is. TC is already alluding to that with his comments imo!
    TC is management, he wants all of his players to be available. Players understand you have to get the best deal you can. It's all going to work out one way or the other

Cruz is no way no how and NEVER will be a Cancer -- He just wants to get paid. I have heard so many NEGATIVE THINGS about Crux it makes me want to vomit -- The best one yet is he "DISAPPEARED WHEN NICKS GOT HURT" Its all Bull **** -- He was more or less triple teamed most of last season and still managed to break 1000 yds and made the Pro Bowl. Yes I said Triple Teamed -- The opposite side safety of where he lined up on the field was sliding to his side of the field -- So he had a Corner and a Safety underneath -- And the Other safety was sliding to his side of the field.

Not many teams worried about Nicks because they all knew he couldn't make his cuts very well due to his injury. Barden hell they just manned up on him -- the only receiver other teams worried about on the Giants last Season was VIctor Cruz, and people have the audacity to sit on their computers and talk **** about a guy whos biggest salary was around 750,000 (I believe) -- Pay the man and lets get on with football

peace
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread