+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    TC is management, he wants all of his players to be available. Players understand you have to get the best deal you can. It's all going to work out one way or the other
    You're a saint
    Live and Die with the Giants

"I felt good today."
    -Eli Manning

Quote Originally Posted by manton View Post
    You're a saint
    LOL I am a champion for the under dog and the misunderstood
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Usually when players play this hold out game in the off season they have a bad regular season. They are not focused with playing football. Also, there is greater chance of injury because they are not training properly. The FO should stand their ground.

Veteran
    I just hope whatever they do, they dont give him more than 8 or 9 mil. If they could get it done cheaper all for it, but if he wants more it's time to think about letting him get it elsewhere. 10 mil or more would be ridiculous. I'm suprised there isnt a legit number floating around about what he's asking for, because usually there is by now this has been a huge hush hush leave us in the dark kind of situation .

Quote Originally Posted by domfin View Post
    Usually when players play this hold out game in the off season they have a bad regular season. They are not focused with playing football. Also, there is greater chance of injury because they are not training properly. The FO should stand their ground.
    So you want Cruz to have a bad regular season or get hurt?
    Eli's 5 interceptions?
    #BlameRandle

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    So you want Cruz to have a bad regular season or get hurt?
    Your an idiot. Where did I say that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He disappeared when Nicks got hurt? How is it he lead the team's receivers for the second year in a row? It's OK to criticize him regarding his contract but we don't yet know what his salary requests are. The media has told us it's $10M as speculation. The time to say he's "worth" his contract is after we know what it is that he signs.
    You're right RF, that was a strong word. My opinion remains the same regarding his worth though.

People here talk like 1,000 yard receivers are a dime a dozen. Cruz may not have gotten 1,500 yards again but still manage 1,092 with 10 TDs. You wanna know how many receivers got 1,000 and 10 TDs? 8...

Around 10 or so. How many of those WR's played on good teams with good Qb's(all of them). Look i like cruz as much as the next guy but you can't break the bank on a WR. paying 10 mill for a slot guy isn't going to get it done. Especially with Jpp and Nick's contracts coming up. You have to be sure to lock those guys up. Nicks has made multiple WR's money and is more effective against #1 corners.

Honorable mentions. Crabtree, Mike Williams, and Jimmy Graham were all in that 950 yard mark and at least 8 Td's i didn't count them though.
    Last edited by Giant303; 04-30-2013 at 07:35 PM.

thing is, say Cruz signs the contract at 8 million a season, how would they justify given Nicks next season any less than that? which creates further problems with the Cap situation and their free agents next year