+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danme View Post
    He doesn't have to sign a long term contract!!!!! He can sign his tender and Go UFA Next season -- Then The Giants can Franchise Tag him next season, which would give the Giants And Cruz more time to hash out a long term deal
    yes & not signing a long term deal is dumb on his part....... Take the $$ & run > wait a year get hurt or have a crappy year & lose millions....If cruz does anything short of amazing hes not going to get near the $$ he thinks hes worth....

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    yes & not signing a long term deal is dumb on his part....... Take the $$ & run > wait a year get hurt or have a crappy year & lose millions....If cruz does anything short of amazing hes not going to get near the $$ he thinks hes worth....
    I never said it was smart -- I just said that he didn't have to sign a LTD this year

Peace
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He disappeared when Nicks got hurt? How is it he lead the team's receivers for the second year in a row? It's OK to criticize him regarding his contract but we don't yet know what his salary requests are. The media has told us it's $10M as speculation. The time to say he's "worth" his contract is after we know what it is that he signs.
    Yes he did. Now you are saying Nicks is not a good receiver. Before Cruz came on the scene, Nicks was the leading man or putting up good numbers. He could have had more if Eli would have played better.

Being the leading receiver has nothing to do about the situation. Yes he was the leading receiver but it has no bearing cause we are talking about he wanting too much money. He is not worth double digit mils and not even 7 or 8 mil either. With healthy Nicks, Cruz put up a lot of yards and so on in 011, but without a healthy Nicks, Cruz barely reached over a thousand yards. Now do the math. Oh and how do you know if Nicks was healhy, he would have been the leading receiver last year?

I really dislike Cruz. this shows the lack of class he is. this could get done without all the drama. But Cruz and Jay-z his agent is it???

Please...... gimme a break!
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    I really dislike Cruz. this shows the lack of class he is. this could get done without all the drama. But Cruz and Jay-z his agent is it???

Please...... gimme a break!
    What DRAMA are you talking about -- it seems all the DRAMA is on this board -- the Giants and Cruz have NO PROBLEMS what so ever -- So where is the DRAMA u speak of

What DRAMA are you talking about -- it seems all the DRAMA is on this board -- the Giants and Cruz have NO PROBLEMS what so ever -- So where is the DRAMA u speak of
    They could be keeping it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    They could be keeping it a secret.
    Oh so now wer are SPECULATING about DRAMA -- SHEESH

Oh so now wer are SPECULATING about DRAMA -- SHEESH
    Like the Lottoe Comercials be saying, " You never know".

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Yes he did. Now you are saying Nicks is not a good receiver. Before Cruz came on the scene, Nicks was the leading man or putting up good numbers. He could have had more if Eli would have played better.

Being the leading receiver has nothing to do about the situation. Yes he was the leading receiver but it has no bearing cause we are talking about he wanting too much money. He is not worth double digit mils and not even 7 or 8 mil either. With healthy Nicks, Cruz put up a lot of yards and so on in 011, but without a healthy Nicks, Cruz barely reached over a thousand yards. Now do the math. Oh and how do you know if Nicks was healhy, he would have been the leading receiver last year?
    I didn't mention Nicks, you did, and what has he to do with Cruz's contract negotiations? His being the leading receiver is certainly a negotiation point. Nicks biggest problem, contractually speaking, is his inability to play a full season. Cruz has been the leading receiver for the past two, 2, dos years. You can ignore that if you wish. You can say Nicks being on the field made it possible for Cruz to make those numbers and I would agree with you.

This is not about Nicks, it's about Cruz. The numbers are what they are and Jerry Reese knows better than anyone how they came a bout. How much money ie Cruz asking for? Not what the media has suggested, but how much has Cruz or the team said Cruz is asking for?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I didn't mention Nicks, you did, and what has he to do with Cruz's contract negotiations? His being the leading receiver is certainly a negotiation point. Nicks biggest problem, contractually speaking, is his inability to play a full season. Cruz has been the leading receiver for the past two, 2, dos years. You can ignore that if you wish. You can say Nicks being on the field made it possible for Cruz to make those numbers and I would agree with you.

This is not about Nicks, it's about Cruz. The numbers are what they are and Jerry Reese knows better than anyone how they came a bout. How much money ie Cruz asking for? Not what the media has suggested, but how much has Cruz or the team said Cruz is asking for?
    Do you even have to to mention Nicks? He is on the Giants roster.