+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    He gets pushed around by stronger ends on the tape I've watched, what's more absurd is you saying he'd be a top 5 pick if he had longer arms. He has good footwork, granted, but not a top 5 pick. He wouldn't be /effective/ at LT, he wouldn't /effective/ at guard, he'd be average, he'd be beat more than once a game, and he just doesn't suit the position well. I do think he'll be an /effective/ RT, and if you throw him out there he can hold his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    TC is only bothered because he wasn't there last week. So for the first time, the situation with Cruz hit home.
    But ultimately its not really important that he was there at all. As long as this gets resolved by camp its not that big of a deal.
    Actually, that's not the case.

#5 QB - Everett Golson
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Draft Him Reese!

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    He gets pushed around by stronger ends on the tape I've watched, what's more absurd is you saying he'd be a top 5 pick if he had longer arms. He has good footwork, granted, but not a top 5 pick. He wouldn't be /effective/ at LT, he wouldn't /effective/ at guard, he'd be average, he'd be beat more than once a game, and he just doesn't suit the position well. I do think he'll be an /effective/ RT, and if you throw him out there he can hold his own.
    But you need strength to be an effective RT..... If you think he wouldn't not be effective at LT and G, judging from your statement, what makes you think he'd hold his own at RT?

#5 QB - Everett Golson
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    Draft Him Reese!

Veteran
    Don't worry, as soon as Pugh blows an assignment, David Diehl will back!

I don't think the Giants expect Ryan Nassib to be NFL Ready even after training Camp -- It woud be a great thing if he was but the chances of that aren't very good -- Now if he is NFL Ready by the end of camp we could release David Carr and (Im Not to sure about this) recoup the cap money and possibly sign a FA Linebacker which would be ok with me and I'm sure a lot of other fans

Peace
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    But you need strength to be an effective RT..... If you think he wouldn't not be effective at LT and G, judging from your statement, what makes you think he'd hold his own at RT?
    Great foot work, he mirrors DE's for the most part, I don't think he'd be quick enough to do it consistently on the left side verse the faster DE's, but against the right side? Sure. He might get pushed back initially off the jump by some DE's on the right but he recovers well and blocks them out.

Why not? He's the most NFL ready OL we've drafted in a while and if he proves he can be a starter then he will unless he gives up a sack week 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush4Blitz2 View Post
    Like I told you before RF.... Even TC thinks the Cruz situation is taking too long. Your opinion of "negotiations" is just not right in this case.
    TC wants everyone at practice all the time! He's the coach! Relax and be realistic! This is how negotiations work! "This case" is no different than any other. You either play hardball or you get bent over. It's not unique to Cruz. As long as both sides are interested in getting a deal done it will eventually get done.

I like Pugh starting at RT. Eli gets rid of the ball quickly Pugh will hold up DE's long enough for him to get rid of it. I mean DD was getting beat instantly and Eli was only sacked 20 times but a lot of rushed throws that led to picks. I think most of us agree not much could be worse than DD at RT.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Imagine him going up against a player like JPP, luckily JPP is on our team lol