+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Ok I know what your thinking. We have many big needs and we can not be perpetually drafting WR's every year but. But...

Nicks - Injured. I expect him to be fully recovered because he is a hard worker, but that is a wild card
    Cruz - Extended hold out. May be very grumpy if does not get $ may effect his play like djax
    Randle - Young. came on strong at the end of the year

Should we have drafted a WR 1st round? Worst case impossible scenario is Cruz refuses to play and nicks is re-injured.

If cruz plays this year with no contract he is gone next year, and we have lost a year to groom a new rookie.

If our drafted rookie played well and nicks recovers cruz has even less negotiating space next year.
    If the FO had a WR that fell to them from the top 10 picks, then sure. Barring that, then no.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Ok I know what your thinking. We have many big needs and we can not be perpetually drafting WR's every year but. But...

Nicks - Injured. I expect him to be fully recovered because he is a hard worker, but that is a wild card
    Cruz - Extended hold out. May be very grumpy if does not get $ may effect his play like djax
    Randle - Young. came on strong at the end of the year

Should we have drafted a WR 1st round? Worst case impossible scenario is Cruz refuses to play and nicks is re-injured.

If cruz plays this year with no contract he is gone next year, and we have lost a year to groom a new rookie.

If our drafted rookie played well and nicks recovers cruz has even less negotiating space next year.
    I didn't like the idea of drafting a WR with a high pick. That been said I was hoping for Reese and Co. to find a diamond in the rough as a UDRFA.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

#1) no, just because you CAN make an excuse , and it really seems like you are trying to do just that, that we need a WR, does not mean we don't have other more definable and pronounced needs. You are descibring what MIGHT happen when presenting a case for our WR need. Howevr, there are other positions where it already did happen and we need a guy.

#2) even if you made the very best case for why we needed a WR, which you did not, are you actually suggesting we pick a wr in the position we were in the draft? There were literally no good wrs left in the 1st round. Even Tavon Austin, who is a lil dynamo went way earlier this year than he would have in any other year simply because the class was so bad. In any other year ever I don't think Patterson is a 1st rounder.

No so far out based on how many previous threads posed the same question.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    No
    Best answer on the whole thread!

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Best answer on the whole thread!
    Simple, yet effective.

Maybe in a couple of years, but with Cruz likely to return and Nicks healing up, we shouldn't waste a draft pick on a wide out..not now. So many holes in the defensive side.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

waste of a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Could be wrong but thought they said on Sirius that Patterson demanded first class after he was picked. Pass!
    Seriously?!?
    Sounds trashy..

Quote Originally Posted by Giant303 View Post
    waste of a thread.
    +10