+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    if the price is right..

    he is still available. if the price was right, how bad would he be? would be a great additon for the rookies to learn from.


    http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyor...or-contender-i









    # 80

  2. #2
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,594
    Your probably going to catch alot of crap over this thread....but I'd take a healthy urlacher over Connor/rivers/curry

  3. #3
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,873
    Jaquain Williams-Urlacher-Rivers as our LB core. I can live with that. If the price is right.
    (price is right theme music playing in the background).

  4. #4
    urlacher wouldnt be better than any of the current LB's in coverage. he's older now and slower than CB if u can believe it. He's a poor 2 down run stopper compared to the litany of young able players in that role...which is why he isn't signed imho. maybe as reg. season nears a team signs him when an injury to their guy happens, but honestly, even tho we run a form of cover/tampa 2, and BU excelled at that for years, those days are behind him imo bc he's just lost that athletic superiority with age, which is what virtually made him. Now I suppose instinct and experience will help him, but we can do better imo even w/ one of our younger guys.

  5. #5
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,594
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    urlacher wouldnt be better than any of the current LB's in coverage. he's older now and slower than CB if u can believe it. He's a poor 2 down run stopper compared to the litany of young able players in that role...which is why he isn't signed imho. maybe as reg. season nears a team signs him when an injury to their guy happens, but honestly, even tho we run a form of cover/tampa 2, and BU excelled at that for years, those days are behind him imo bc he's just lost that athletic superiority with age, which is what virtually made him. Now I suppose instinct and experience will help him, but we can do better imo even w/ one of our younger guys.
    If I'm not mistaken he had injury issues all year....

  6. #6
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,263
    I wouldn't mind it if he came cheap but I wouldn't expect too much from him at this point in his career. A veteran presence at that position can't hurt.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if he came cheap but I wouldn't expect too much from him at this point in his career. A veteran presence at that position can't hurt.
    This is about how I see Urlacher at this point in his career.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken he had injury issues all year....
    This sums up all of our current LBers.

  9. #9
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,057
    Doesn't he want a lot of money though?

  10. #10
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,263
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    This sums up all of our current LBers.
    lol true

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts