+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

if the price is right..

he is still available. if the price was right, how bad would he be? would be a great additon for the rookies to learn from.

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyor...or-contender-i

# 80

Your probably going to catch alot of crap over this thread....but I'd take a healthy urlacher over Connor/rivers/curry

Jaquain Williams-Urlacher-Rivers as our LB core. I can live with that. If the price is right.
    (price is right theme music playing in the background).

urlacher wouldnt be better than any of the current LB's in coverage. he's older now and slower than CB if u can believe it. He's a poor 2 down run stopper compared to the litany of young able players in that role...which is why he isn't signed imho. maybe as reg. season nears a team signs him when an injury to their guy happens, but honestly, even tho we run a form of cover/tampa 2, and BU excelled at that for years, those days are behind him imo bc he's just lost that athletic superiority with age, which is what virtually made him. Now I suppose instinct and experience will help him, but we can do better imo even w/ one of our younger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    urlacher wouldnt be better than any of the current LB's in coverage. he's older now and slower than CB if u can believe it. He's a poor 2 down run stopper compared to the litany of young able players in that role...which is why he isn't signed imho. maybe as reg. season nears a team signs him when an injury to their guy happens, but honestly, even tho we run a form of cover/tampa 2, and BU excelled at that for years, those days are behind him imo bc he's just lost that athletic superiority with age, which is what virtually made him. Now I suppose instinct and experience will help him, but we can do better imo even w/ one of our younger guys.
    If I'm not mistaken he had injury issues all year....

I wouldn't mind it if he came cheap but I wouldn't expect too much from him at this point in his career. A veteran presence at that position can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I wouldn't mind it if he came cheap but I wouldn't expect too much from him at this point in his career. A veteran presence at that position can't hurt.
    This is about how I see Urlacher at this point in his career.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken he had injury issues all year....
    This sums up all of our current LBers.

All-Pro
    Doesn't he want a lot of money though?

Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    This sums up all of our current LBers.
    lol true