+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Grade would you give our draft?

suppose when eli;s contract is up the giants do not feel its a smart move to give him another block buster deal. this is when this kind of pick pays off.

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    suppose when eli;s contract is up the giants do not feel its a smart move to give him another block buster deal. this is when this kind of pick pays off.
    Eli should be a Giant for life. When his deal is up, I'd like for Reese to exhaust every measure to re-sign him, but if we have Nicks, Cruz, a beast OL, Wilson -- you know, a bunch of high priced talent -- and a 20 million dollar QB is simply too expensive, maybe plug Nassib in and see what he can do. By then, his mechanics should be fine-tuned, he should know the system like the back of his hand, and he should be comfortable in an NFL environment.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Eli should be a Giant for life. When his deal is up, I'd like for Reese to exhaust every measure to re-sign him, but if we have Nicks, Cruz, a beast OL, Wilson -- you know, a bunch of high priced talent -- and a 20 million dollar QB is simply too expensive, maybe plug Nassib in and see what he can do. By then, his mechanics should be fine-tuned, he should know the system like the back of his hand, and he should be comfortable in an NFL environment.
    I figure it will be too expensive to give him another contract and he probably would fetch a nice number in FA by some desperate team. but who knows maybe then Eli will want to stay and reduce his asking price. time will tell. but i think we have a great pick here to step in.

C+, this is first time in a long time that I haven't been intrigued by anyone. I have no opinion on any of them, and I'm not excited. I'm just indifferent.

This draft hinges on Nassib. If he's good enough that we can flip him for a 1st or early 2nd in a couple years, it's well worth the pick. If it turns out that we just drafted the Brady to Eli's Bledsoe, that would be fantastic. But I'm not that convinced. We need to see what this kid can do on the field first...

B-

Wonder why Nassib is being overrated here. Even if he is ready, or has our system down pat, what makes everyone think that he will be a good QB ?I don't know what Eli did to some of you (ahem Harooni) but you'll look for any reason to hope that Eli is no longer a giants QB. Even putting your marbles with a 4th rd QB who was drafted after 3 other qbs and HAD trouble throwing deep. All the hate for Eli even after 2SB wins but already a 4rd qb's biggest fan. SMH pathetic...
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 05-01-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Wonder why Nassib is being overrated here. Even if he is ready, or has our system down pat, what makes everyone think that he will be a good QB ?I don't know what Eli did to some of you (ahem Harooni) but you'll look for any reason to hope that Eli is no longer a giants QB. Even putting your marbles with a 4th rd QB who was drafted after 3 other qbs and HAD trouble throwing deep. All the hate for Eli even after 2SB wins but already a 4rd qb's biggest fan. SMH pathetic...
    "4th round - Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse

This was an interesting pick. This pick made more waves in the national meida than any of the other picks the Giants made, and much of that had to do with the perception that Nassib was going to be selected eighth overall by the Buffalo Bills in the first round. There is also the fact that a couple of media guys like Russ Lande of the National Football Post and Greg Cosell of NFL Films had Nassib as their number one rated quarterback (and Lande the No. 1 overall player)."

funny how some of you rate the other rookies so high but when one is a QB you rate him low.

Buffalo passed on him, the Jets with Sanchise passed on him. Eagles with Vick passed up on him. The Jags with blain gabbert passed on him. If he was really the top player overall, there are a bunch of other teams with qbs who are on the ropes who passed him multiple times, why? He isn't that good, the only reason buffalo may have been interested is because of their connections and even they passed up on him. Makes you wonder about this guy and the loyalties of fans who are already looking forward to letting Eli go so that we can hand over our giants to him.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 05-01-2013 at 02:16 AM.

From a media perspective I would give it a B and from a Giants FO standpoint an A-.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

+ Reply to Thread