+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    I like how some of you can rate the draft before any of these guys even play an NFL snap. Also its amusing to "assume" that some draft picks will be a lock so Linval can walk next year....pretty funny....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Just because the bears were also willing to reach for him, doesnt mean it was a wise decision.
    The point I am trying to make is if you like a guy, you have to take him there because he would not have been there in the second round. Trading down would not have worked because the bears likely would have selected him one spot after.
    Any lesser prospect than pugh would not be good enough of an improvement.

Perhaps the giants should have traded up to secure a better prospect but trading up to 11 would be too costly.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I like how some of you can rate the draft before any of these guys even play an NFL snap. Also its amusing to "assume" that some draft picks will be a lock so Linval can walk next year....pretty funny....
    Its pretty obvious that that is the goal. Again it is obvious that it is unknown whether or not hankins will pan out. I guess we all can't be captain obvious, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Back up QB is actually a very important position for a contending team. We've been lucky that Eli hasn't taken a shot to the knees or some other injury that most QB's suffer. Especially later in their career.
    OK...now you've jinxed Eli..... all kidding aside, I thought Carr was a good backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Its pretty obvious that that is the goal. Again it is obvious that it is unknown whether or not hankins will pan out. I guess we all can't be captain obvious, though.
    I guess we all cant be armchair GMs either.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Back up QB is actually a very important position for a contending team. We've been lucky that Eli hasn't taken a shot to the knees or some other injury that most QB's suffer. Especially later in their career.
    My point was, we had more pressing needs.... and we had Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    My point was, we had more pressing needs.... and we had Carr.
    I agree with this also. The only plausible reason was that they saw Nassib to be Eli's eventual replacement also.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    OK...now you've jinxed Eli..... all kidding aside, I thought Carr was a good backup.
    I disagree about Carr. I think he's an NFL burnout. Look what happened when he was given the Carolina starting job. He was horrible. He's on the payroll because we had no other options as our backup QB.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Yes we can, and we are.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran