+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    We have draft experts on these boards? Which ones work for the nfl?
    Stop it.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Stop it.
    Stop what? Asking you to back up your statements?

The problem is that since there was an early run on O linemen, both us and the Bears were in panic mode. Or at least scramble mode. I think the Bears reached as well due to their horrific O line and their inability to protect Cutler. We also reached because we had a hole in our roster at RT.

So yes, I think it was a reach. And whats frustrating about it is that so much great talent fell into our lap due to that run on the O line. Floyd and Rhodes were both top 10 talent and we passed on them. So not only did we reach into the second round, but we had the chance to draft a guy rated much higher than our draft position.
    Floyd and Rhodes were top 10 talents according to who? Three teams AFTER the Giants passed on Floyd. Five teams AFTER the Giants passed on Rhodes, and one of them picked another CB.

So it was a reach to take a guy at 19 who would have probably been selected at 20, but it would not have been a reach to take a guy at 19 who wouldn't have been picked until 23 (Floyd) or to pick a guy at 19 who would not have been picked until 25 (Rhodes)?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Floyd and Rhodes were top 10 talents according to who? Three teams AFTER the Giants passed on Floyd. Five teams AFTER the Giants passed on Rhodes, and one of them picked another CB.

So it was a reach to take a guy at 19 who would have probably been selected at 20, but it would not have been a reach to take a guy at 19 who wouldn't have been picked until 23 (Floyd) or to pick a guy at 19 who would not have been picked until 25 (Rhodes)?
    Because you speculate that another team, that is desperate for O linemen would have also reached for Pugh, doesn't make our pick any less of a reach.
    Its a reach because there was far superior talent, that dropped to us available at 19 and we chased need instead.

I am fine if you disagree.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

so then 6 other teams in essence also failed to see the far superior talent that you claim was evident?

id be willing to make a friendly wager that by years end you end up thanking JR for picking Pugh.

I make prediction and say I give the Giants a C-.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    id be willing to make a friendly wager that by years end you end up thanking JR for picking Pugh.
    To me, he was looking good and I doubted heem earlier.

Because you speculate that another team, that is desperate for O linemen would have also reached for Pugh, doesn't make our pick any less of a reach.
    Its a reach because there was far superior talent, that dropped to us available at 19 and we chased need instead.

I am fine if you disagree.

"Far superior talent" according to the talking heads only . . . not to the teams that actually made the picks. According to the teams that actually make the picks, Rhodes is a top 25 talent and Floyd is a top 23 talent.

What the talking heads say before the draft means nothing after the draft. Don't you remember how we got a top 15 talent at DT in the second round a few years ago? How did that work out?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    "Far superior talent" according to the talking heads only . . . not to the teams that actually made the picks. According to the teams that actually make the picks, Rhodes is a top 25 talent and Floyd is a top 23 talent.What the talking heads say before the draft means nothing after the draft. Don't you remember how we got a top 15 talent at DT in the second round a few years ago? How did that work out?
    Prince. JPP