+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What Grade would you give our draft?

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Buffalo passed on him, the Jets with Sanchise passed on him. Eagles with Vick passed up on him. The Jags with blain gabbert passed on him. If he was really the top player overall, there are a bunch of other teams with qbs who are on the ropes who passed him multiple times, why? He isn't that good, the only reason buffalo may have been interested is because of their connections and even they passed up on him. Makes you wonder about this guy and the loyalties of fans who are already looking forward to letting Eli go so that we can hand over our giants to him.
    its great value , how he turns out is anyone's guess , there was no run on qb's so many qb's got picked much later than people thought. its just how it goes sometimes. no one is forcing Eli out , the FO obviously thinks different than fans. this is good for thew Giants team.

Bench Player

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Although I'm warming up to the picks, we still passed on alot of talent.....gotta go c+/B-
    B-

^^ haroonie-- The FO thinks differently than fans how? The giants have drafted qbs during eli's reign before, why? Please explain what makes you think this time it's different? Brees is 34 Brady will be 36, Eli at 32 has a few years before we can start looking for a successor, not replacement but successor. in regards to his contract, the Ravens rewarded flacco with a lucrative deal,what makes you think the giants won't if Eli wins another SB and shows no signs of slowing down? Also what makes you think that Eli won't take a pay cut like Brady? Sorry to shatter your dreams but Eli isn't going anywhere.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    ^^ haroonie-- The FO thinks differently than fans how? The giants have drafted qbs during eli's reign before, why? Please explain what makes you think this time it's different? Brees is 34 Brady will be 36, Eli at 32 has a few years before we can start looking for a successor, not replacement but successor. in regards to his contract, the Ravens rewarded flacco with a lucrative deal,what makes you think the giants won't if Eli wins another SB and shows no signs of slowing down? Also what makes you think that Eli won't take a pay cut like Brady? Sorry to shatter your dreams but Eli isn't going anywhere.
    its not exactly his successor so to speak but you dont want to wait till the QB is ready to retire. you need a few seasons to show the kid the ropes. years ago thats how they did it. i know today they plug in luck and rg3's right away. but all i can say is look at rodgers. it helps to learn first.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    But what the hell do I know..?
    I think that goes for almost all of us fans.

Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land
    Giants draft = B

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    its not exactly his successor so to speak but you dont want to wait till the QB is ready to retire. you need a few seasons to show the kid the ropes. years ago thats how they did it. i know today they plug in luck and rg3's right away. but all i can say is look at rodgers. it helps to learn first.
    . How many years do you need to train a qb in waiting? 2, 4, 6? Eli is 32, we could wait a couple of years to draft a trainee in waiting. We would have been better off to use those 2 picks on need for this year. With Nassib, we basically lost 2 picks for this year that we could have used on a Lb and cb. By picking him we have practically no one that will help us this year. This isn't difficult to grasp you know, we gave up a 4th and 5th for a clipboard holder. If you are worried about Eli getting hurt we should have a capable qb to take over right at that moment and not have to wait for him to be ready in 3- 4 years. We should have a quality backup, Also if you are worried about long term replacement if eli's career is cut short, that's a risk we have been taking since he stepped on the field. And since he is advancing in age, he is likely to get hurt or take time off, then it points to having a capable backup who can step in and help right away. This is another gamble to get a higher pick in the future and nothing else and I definitely don't agree with Reese. It didnt work out the last 2 times he tries, chances are that he strikes out with this one. All I'm frustrated with is that by taking this swing and miss we missed out on Greene who could have helped us immediately. Your bias against eli is clouding your judgement.
    Last edited by DarkSaint; 05-01-2013 at 07:53 AM.

I agree with Roosevelt. Strange to pick a QB with the 4th pick and have your GM say I hope he never plays? We could have picked a player ( LB or CB ) that could have helped this year with the 4th pick! QB could have waited another few years. All the experts seem to agree that Pugh was a reach! Even the ones that like him as a player still think it was a reach. No LB or CB not good. Going to be a major problem again this year. Can Webster and Ross still play, and the jury is still out on the prince! C-
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Solid B: we had Needs at all positions except Nassib AND he was the BPA at the time of his selection...at this point it is safe to say that this was a typical Reese Draft.

(I'm loving more O-Linemen, D-Tackle and D-End especially)

edit:
    Nassib is either a possible encumbent or next year's trade bait...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

None of the guys we picked were guys I hated. Generally, I go into drafts knowing who I like, and who I don't like and my hope is that we don't draft the guys I dislike. I would not have guessed Pugh would got to us at 19, but I don't hate it. It is growing on me.

The Hankins pick is fine with me even if it was a bit of a surprise. I see him as a Linval type player, a big zero tech and I don't see he and Lival on the field together much. Which leads me to believe the front office thinks resigning Joseph next year is going to be difficult.

I like the Nassib pick, unlike many here. We Giant fans are spoiled by Eli's durability. But, his ability to stay healthy isn't a given, especially as he ages. So having a capable backup for the future, a guy who can actually win a game or 2 if needed is huge. I think a lot of the posters on these boards are young, because I only have to mention the 1990 season to us older fans to back up my claim of the importance of having a cpable backup.

I know very little about the RB we took( I am not mentioning his name for a reason hehe) because there is not much footage or info out there on this kid.

I love the Moore pick.

Cooper is interesting and clearly the league is changing and teams are playing with hybrid type players to help stop the TE dominance we have seen areise in recent years.

I guess the biggest concern I have is that 3 of our draftees have potential risks that complicate them.

Moore has the dedication knock on him after a combine that had people questioning his commitment.

Hankins has had trouble with his weight

and Cooper has a serious health issue in his past.

All 3 of those could be nothing, but who knows.

+ Reply to Thread