+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Grade would you give our draft?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    None of the guys we picked were guys I hated. Generally, I go into drafts knowing who I like, and who I don't like and my hope is that we don't draft the guys I dislike. I would not have guessed Pugh would got to us at 19, but I don't hate it. It is growing on me.

The Hankins pick is fine with me even if it was a bit of a surprise. I see him as a Linval type player, a big zero tech and I don't see he and Lival on the field together much. Which leads me to believe the front office thinks resigning Joseph next year is going to be difficult.

I like the Nassib pick, unlike many here. We Giant fans are spoiled by Eli's durability. But, his ability to stay healthy isn't a given, especially as he ages. So having a capable backup for the future, a guy who can actually win a game or 2 if needed is huge. I think a lot of the posters on these boards are young, because I only have to mention the 1990 season to us older fans to back up my claim of the importance of having a cpable backup.

I know very little about the RB we took( I am not mentioning his name for a reason hehe) because there is not much footage or info out there on this kid.

I love the Moore pick.

Cooper is interesting and clearly the league is changing and teams are playing with hybrid type players to help stop the TE dominance we have seen areise in recent years.

I guess the biggest concern I have is that 3 of our draftees have potential risks that complicate them.

Moore has the dedication knock on him after a combine that had people questioning his commitment.

Hankins has had trouble with his weight

and Cooper has a serious health issue in his past.

All 3 of those could be nothing, but who knows.
    My friend had the wolf parkinsons white syndrome and surgery. It's an "electrical" issue (for want of a better word) where all of a sudden his heart would beat extremely fast. I'm talking like 170x a minute fast.

Since his surgery, he's never had any further symptoms.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    My friend had the wolf parkinsons white syndrome and surgery. It's an "electrical" issue (for want of a better word) where all of a sudden his heart would beat extremely fast. I'm talking like 170x a minute fast.

Yep, usually a non-invasive procedure such as a cardioversion(shocking the heart into a correct rhythm) is all it takes. A painless, routine and quick procedure. The Giants must feel everything is alright if he was drafted. Plus, what I am reading is that it is something he overcame. Maybe he can motivate Herzlich or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post

Good to hear. I knew very little about it.

c+ with a possible move up to b-. LB was not addressed, the Pugh pick was strange, potential on the DL picks but they have question marks. Nassib was good value but not a need in the next 3 years.

Potential with question marks and big need wasn't addressed. Not the best draft I've seen from this front office.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    a contingent B-

But does it really mean enything right now?

In 3 years this draft grade could either be an A+ or an F. so who really cares
    Exactly. I'd like to see because none of these players have played even a second of football yet

based on the fact that none of the draftees have done squat yet I give NO rating.....
    why rate the draft based on potential and speculation.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    based on the fact that none of the draftees have done squat yet I give NO rating.....
    Because it is the off-season and fans are looking for something to talk about. Have a little fun with it or ignore it if you choose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Because we're bored and have another four months to go for football.

I rate this draft B+ because we drafted Mike Cox and I can't wait to hear the sound bites that produces
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

his name is MIKE Cox...lmao thats hilarious. we gotta jokester in the FO...lol

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    his name is MIKE Cox...lmao thats hilarious. we gotta jokester in the FO...lol
    No....Mike had jokesters for parents.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread