+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    How do we know that Nassib will turn out to a a good\great QB?from what's been said, he had trouble throwing the deep ball, how will that help him throw against the swirling winds at MetLife stadium?He's a cheap backup| possible future trade bait.
    "As a fan you see this pick and you say, they moved up to get a quarterback? That's stupid. And as a fan you're right. We're invested in the team emotionally (and financially to a point), but we're not providing for our families based on how well the Giants play. As a fan you're thinking if Eli Manning gets hurt for an extended period of time the season's lost anyway and we might as well get a high draft pick.

But as a coach and general manager, and as scouts you're thought has to be that if the team takes a nose dive in any of these years I could lose my job -- just ask Bill Polian. Polian is one of the most decorated general managers in the league -- a guy who didn't have a losing season in a decade with the Colts. He lost Peyton Manning, had terrible backup quarterback play and is now working with ESPN. Having a backup quarterback can save seasons -- and jobs. It's important."

Coughlin using his Tablet

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    How do we know that Nassib will turn out to a a good\great QB?from what's been said, he had trouble throwing the deep ball, how will that help him throw against the swirling winds at MetLife stadium?He's a cheap backup| possible future trade bait.
    I don't have a crystal ball to answer that question my friend but the fact is that Nassib is a kid full of talent, he is coming to a class organization and he is going to learn from a 2 time SB MVP. If he pans out and Eli ( knock on wood ) has a career ending injury the successor will be already on board. In another scenario he could be a great backup and spell the Giants cap numbers in signing vets for more money or he could be trade bait for the future or if he doesn't pan out you will only lose a 4 th round pick . Again the Giants are in a win-win situation if you take in count the value Nassib gave the Giants for a lousy 4th round pick.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

his game does remind me of aaron rodgers a bit. similar style footwork/movement and throwing motion...

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    Keep in mind Eli will be 35+ in 2016 when he would be due to become a FA also the way his contract has been restructured its a huge hit in 2015. for all we know the FO is not wanting to give him another huge contract at that age. also who says Eli wants to play till 38-40 . these next two years will tell us more.
    You are on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I still think our future quarterback is probably getting ready to finish his senior year in high school. I think Nassib is probably going to be no more than our new Bomar, Woodson or J-Load.
    I think this kid is way better than those. and even J lo had potential. he just couldnt keep his weight in check.

All-Pro
    Lol. The best pick up that may never see the field in a regular season game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Lol. The best pick up that may never see the field in a regular season game.
    I wouldnt be so sure .

“He was the number one player on our board at that time. We thought that if we were to lose him in that situation it wouldn’t be smart,” Coughlin said. “We felt very strongly about this young man. "

"We think he can be a starter in this league,” Reese said. we really like Nassib. . . . We like his skill set."

All-Pro
    So he is going to beat out Eli?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    So he is going to beat out Eli?
    No of course not, but down the road you never know what happens , id say 2 years from now we will have a better picture. I dont know if the giants want a 20mil a year cap hit if the play is declining. of course If Eli plays like 2011 for the next few years (talking season play not sb wins) then you are right Nas may never see the field with us unless mop up duty

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    No of course not, but down the road you never know what happens , id say 2 years from now we will have a better picture. I dont know if the giants want a 20mil a year cap hit if the play is declining. of course If Eli plays like 2011 for the next few years (talking season play not sb wins) then you are right Nas may never see the field with us unless mop up duty
    With the way Eli plays he will be the same in two years at the old age of 33-34. He doesn't run much and protects himself well. Plus they are putting a new OL together for him. Careful what you wish for.

+ Reply to Thread