+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    I absolutely hated this pick at the time, but its starting to grow on me. I hope we find use for him, as our CB and LB units suffered from this pick. There were talented guys in both positions at this spot in the 4th.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    damn skippy, great value and our possible future franchise QB.
    eli has won two superbowls and your still selling him short and upset with a draft that happend 9 years ago get over it.
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    What makes you think that Eli is a lock to play 6-8 more years ? You are saying with no doubts in your mind Eli is going to play 'till he's 38-40 years old ? If something is for sure in this sport is that nothing is forever and you don't now as a player when is going to be your last game. All I'm saying is the Nassib pick is starting to make more sense by the minute for us mortal fans. Giants are in a win-win situation here and they know it.
    I agree especially when it comes to Eli's contract. I do not think the Giants will want to resign him when they have a more than capable back-up... or i would expect them not to atleast.

I think we are grooming our franchise QB for 3-4 years down the road at most... unless the injury bug hits *knock on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by ryan12 View Post
    eli has won two superbowls and your still selling him short and upset with a draft that happend 9 years ago get over it.
    ??? its a great pick doesnt matter who are QB is. its great value. and we have to upgrade and get younger at every position. some of you place too much importance on one player. and think they will be here forever.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

really? Talking about stadium winds haha. Chad pennington was pretty effective as a QB at Giants stadium. The Nassib pick is a great value. You know who waits until their franchise QB is out before they start grooming a replacement? Bad teams. See:Broncos(after elway), Dolphins,Bills, Raiders(after gannon). Hopefully Eli stays healthy and Nassib never has to play,but in the event that he does having him on the team makes me feel better than having david carr for the future.

Eli has 6-8 years, is it really that great of a time to draft a future QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    You really think so? Eli is 32...

In 6 years he will be 38 and in 8 he will be 40. I mean he is durable and has not been injured but come on bro.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    You really think so? Eli is 32...
    I guess it's not abnormal. I would have waited another year or 2 though.

I guess it's not abnormal. I would have waited another year or 2 though.
    I know we cant predict the future but I think that once his contract is up, we will look at Nassib.

No he doesn't. Few QBs play until 38-40 and those that do are desperate.

Eli has 4-6 good years left. God forbid he gets injured during those first 4 seasons, and you'll be glad Nassib was picked when he was.

+ Reply to Thread