+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsRevival2 View Post
    I just joking about putting Eli as your sig. But seriously Nassib? How can Nassib be your favorite? what has he done for the Giants?
    How dare you question the next Joe Montana!

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    No problem with Eli and yes EA made a nice call and i admitted i wanted Big ben to him. And im hardly going to be insulting to a man who tried to do his best for the giants. if i ever met Eli i wouldnt say hey Eli dont throw it off your back foot or whatever. I have more Class than that.
    One of the best throws in SB history was made off of Eli's back foot.

im surprised. as a simms fanboy, he should know how simms always goes on about how in todays nfl, the best qbs have to have the ability to make plays off the back foot. 2011, i never saw a qb be so dominant while having to throw off his backfoot. it got to the point, nfln has a show they go on nfc and afc matchups and they went over elis passes @ dallas. that game specifically, he was throwing 20-30 yd darts off his back foot into coverage but with precision accuracy like hitting the only small window to give the wr a shot...its one of elis strongest points and why we have won a SB with the worst OL in the league

like the nfln show replayed the 6 or 7 throws @ dallas eli had to make off his back foot and each commentator (2 were off screen) were like in amazement with "wow how the hell?" i bet a computer savvy person could find the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I still think our future quarterback is probably getting ready to finish his senior year in high school. I think Nassib is probably going to be no more than our new Bomar, Woodson or J-Load.
    Or like Palmer, too. But, yeh my feelings exactly. Wasted pick!

I dont see how it was a wasted pick when Carr is what 38 39??? Also as i posted it is the FO job to improve the team and gaurd against the what if's if an injury happens they want to have a guy that can actually come in and play.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Or like Palmer, too. But, yeh my feelings exactly. Wasted pick!
    I remember Kiper being all over the Palmer pick as being a good pick almost exactly like they were with the Nassib pick. It does seem history is repeating itself. Interesting pick to say the least. I don't think he is the heir apparent or would even get the nod over Carr who has been shown to be able to take a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    Yep, Eli has 6-8 years left in him. Perfect time to draft our future QB. Makes total sense.
    How do you know he wants to play 6-8 more years?

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Blue View Post
    Yep, Eli has 6-8 years left in him. Perfect time to draft our future QB. Makes total sense.
    This is what I was thinking as well.

I understand the logic of getting that kind of value in the 4th round but it kind of reminds me of buying a palette of pickles that are on sale for an incredible price ... even though you don't eat/want/need pickles.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I dont see how it was a wasted pick when Carr is what 38 39??? Also as i posted it is the FO job to improve the team and gaurd against the what if's if an injury happens they want to have a guy that can actually come in and play.
    By 38 or 39, do you mean 33?

And yes, while Carr is aging, he is also not being asked to do much currently. Plenty of perennial backup QBs have played to 40 in this league.

In a vacuum it was a good pick ... in reality, we had more pressing concerns (hello LINEBACKER?!?!?!??!).

Of course I may totally eat my words if Eli gets hit by a small planet tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 05-02-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

+ Reply to Thread