Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Nassib best pick of NFL draft

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Make sure Victor lifts with his legs
    He's not lifting anything! >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He's not lifting anything! >.>
    You are the perfect wife lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    There's no reason to attack another player who hasn't played one down in the NFL. Relax, he's not competing for the starting job, nor will he ever. It's going to be okay.
    I'm not attacking him. Just giving my scouting report on a college player who I think isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by mosesmalone View Post
    i think he is trade bait down the line, perhaps 2 years, let him have garbage time and pre-season showcases, if he does well some desperate team will trade for him perhaps for a second rounder, maybe late first round
    I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Yep. As I said previously in this thread or another, I think our guy is getting ready to graduate high school somewhere next month. I think we need to put the hounds on top quarterback prospects coming out of high school.
    I agree.

Seems like the best case scenario for Nassib is not a good scenario for Eli Manning.

As much as I dogged the pick, though, if Eli goes down for a couple games, and Nassib plays well enough to win, then all of a sudden Reese looks like a genius for spendnig a 4th and 6th to rescue our season.....and Nassib becomes the next Matt Flynn, which translates to some serious trade bait.

Still though, if Nassib goes the Aaron Rodgers route, he's on the bench 3 years....and Eli is 35. He might become a great QB, but the Manning genes would suggest it's for another team.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

NE picked Ryan Mallet in the 3rd in 2011. good teams do this fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I think you're right.

I agree.

Seems like the best case scenario for Nassib is not a good scenario for Eli Manning.

As much as I dogged the pick, though, if Eli goes down for a couple games, and Nassib plays well enough to win, then all of a sudden Reese looks like a genius for spendnig a 4th and 6th to rescue our season.....and Nassib becomes the next Matt Flynn, which translates to some serious trade bait.

Still though, if Nassib goes the Aaron Rodgers route, he's on the bench 3 years....and Eli is 35. He might become a great QB, but the Manning genes would suggest it's for another team.
    Matt Flynn was a free agent when he left the Pack. They got nothing for him.
    That will also happen to Nassib if he doesn't get a shot to start down the road.
    This notion that we will trade Nassib for value is highly unlikely.
    He was drafted to be a back up QB and "possibly" the heir apparent down the road.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Matt Flynn was a free agent when he left the Pack. They got nothing for him.
    That will also happen to Nassib if he doesn't get a shot to start down the road.
    This notion that we will trade Nassib for value is highly unlikely.
    He was drafted to be a back up QB and "possibly" the heir apparent down the road.
    I was referring to Matt Flynn coming off the bench, having a lights-out game, and then garnering a ton of interest.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I was referring to Matt Flynn coming off the bench, having a lights-out game, and then garnering a ton of interest.
    That's fine but you get my point. I doubt Nassib will be "trade bait" he will play out his rookie contract and become a free agent.......if......
    1. He develops into a legit QB
    2. He doesn't get a chance to play with us.

Contracts are shorter for 4th round picks.

For the record.....GB didn't take Favre back because they knew that if they did, they would lose Rodgers the next year when his contract was up.
    If it can happen to Favre, (the most beloved Packer in history) does anyone really think it can't happen to Eli.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That's fine but you get my point. I doubt Nassib will be "trade bait" he will play out his rookie contract and become a free agent.......if......
    1. He develops into a legit QB
    2. He doesn't get a chance to play with us.

Contracts are shorter for 4th round picks.

For the record.....GB didn't take Favre back because they knew that if they did, they would lose Rodgers the next year when his contract was up.
    If it can happen to Favre, (the most beloved Packer in history) does anyone really think it can't happen to Eli.
    Here's a thought; suppose they sign him to a 3 year contract. If he's developing better than hoped, they could then tender him I believe as a 3 year veteran.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread