+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    but I also agree with Harooni that this was a good pick

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    why would i be insecure about Eli, i know what he is. career QB rating in the 80,s runs hot and cold shys away from contact and is fantastic at the 2 min drill and great off the field role model.
    Considering you're already giving our 4th round draft pick the keys to the kingdom (and giddily so) tells us all we need to know about your Eli insecurities.

dont give me this he was a 4th round pick bs, because if it wasnt a QB you homers would tell us all that player will be the next LT or Wilfork or so and so. Now that it is a QB we took the Eli insecurities have once again surfaced for some.

shame on you GT
    Now that we took a QB, you can have a field day trolling everybody haha. I'm realistic about the picks, Pugh can be an effective RT, Hankins can contribute, Moore was good value in the third round and can be a good rusher if developed right, he's really raw. Greene was available and he could of been an upgrade over people we have right now, or he would of been good depth which we need at LB. Nassib? I hope he'll be a good backup. That's all he is, a backup. A simple, plain, second stringer. Nobody wanted him as the first stringer, all the teams in the NFL viewed him as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Nassib is the QB of the future. in 3-4 years, the Giants may end up trading Eli to the AFC for some draft picks. Let Nassib learn under Carr and Eli this year and for the next few years under Eli alone.
    possibly , but i guess some sensitive fans dont see it this way.

funny how they didnt call osi a 2 time winner and not to ever leave the team. Remeber fans QB is one position it takes a team to win a SB. and Eli is just a COG, a big Cog but a Cog none the less.

why would i be insecure about Eli, i know what he is. career QB rating in the 80,s runs hot and cold shys away from contact and is fantastic at the 2 min drill and great off the field role model.
    Shies away from contact? Please (puh-leeze)...

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Now that we took a QB, you can have a field day trolling everybody haha. I'm realistic about the picks, Pugh can be an effective RT, Hankins can contribute, Moore was good value in the third round and can be a good rusher if developed right, he's really raw. Greene was available and he could of been an upgrade over people we have right now, or he would of been good depth which we need at LB. Nassib? I hope he'll be a good backup. That's all he is, a backup. A simple, plain, second stringer. Nobody wanted him as the first stringer, all the teams in the NFL viewed him as a backup.
    i do not agree with you but thats your opinion. all im saying is do not dismiss a player because we got a steal later on in the draft. look how good bradshaw was for a 7th

possibly , but i guess some sensitive fans dont see it this way.

funny how they didnt call osi a 2 time winner and not to ever leave the team. Remeber fans QB is one position it takes a team to win a SB. and Eli is just a COG, a big Cog but a Cog none the less.
    Nassib is just a backup, a backup that's popular amongst some posters, but a backup none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Shies away from contact? Please (puh-leeze)...
    He has many positives but lets be honest he doesnt like getting hit, he would rather throw it left handed to a defender than take a shot. we all see his body language and how he will sometimes twist his body and throw off his backfoot.

i do not agree with you but thats your opinion. all im saying is do not dismiss a player because we got a steal later on in the draft. look how good bradshaw was for a 7th
    Backup, he's a backup dude. RB's come a dime a dozen, QB you get one and hang on to him as long as you can, don't be suprised when Eli leaves that you'll be begging for those years to come back. Nassib is a backup, not even a lowly team like the Jags, Raiders, not even his old coach thought he was a 1st stringer. His old coach played him and used him as a smoke screen to grab Manuel, back up. Plain old backup.

Nor should you dismiss a player because we traded some picks for him and then won 2 SBs and have not had a losing season since his rookie year.