+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I know, he's great, unbelievable prospect, one of the best QB's ever to come out of the pro's...

Taken in the 4th round by a team who doesn't need a starting QB, they needed a backup, they got one. I hope that if the time ever calls for it he can step in and play, but if he was good he would of been taken earlier. I understand why RB's got looked up and other skill positions you can find talent in the later rounds, but QB's get looked over constantly because it's not likely you'll win the big one without a great QB these days.
    yeah because Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and Ryan leaf 1st round busts were the best thing to ever come out of the draft, bc they were 1st round picks and prospects, and Tom Brady undrafted, Mark Brunell 5th round, hasselback 6th round. all sucked. So tell me how is one actually truly evaluated esp at qb. Certianly not by clueless wonders like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Oh, I must have confused him with all the other QBs who long for big hits.
    Either way, I can argue just as easily that he isn't afraid of contact or shying away from hits, but rather doing what he can to minimize impact to stay healthy. I know when I played ball they taught us "how to fall," in an attempt to avoid/minimize potential injury.

And I laugh at Harooni's left handed comment about him doing that to avoid getting hit. I have a succinct suspicion that if Eli is throwing it off handed he's getting put on his *** either way (as was the case against the Titans). That has more to do with Eli often not wanting to give up on a play and trying to do too much.

I love how fans interpret things. Where in that article does it say Nassib was the best pick in the NFL draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    why wouldnt a Giants fan want the kid to be good??? its odd right. Eli wont be around for 20 years, giants FO has to look toward the future and to make the team as strong as it can in case injuries. maybe he wont be better than eli, but to get all upset and say he will always sucks, to me shows that you are a fan of a player not the team .
    Why wouldn't a Giants fan want the best QB in it's franchise history, and one of the best QB's in NFL history to play as long as he possibly can (6-8 years) and continue winning multiple SB's for this team?

Oh wait, same logic doesn't apply to the trolls of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
    You mean a guy drafted in the 4th round and was passed over by his own coach in favor of EJ Manuel isn't the next Joe Montana?
    He's a highly rated QB prospect who will have the luxury to work behind an elite QB and coaching staff for a couple years. If your goal is to come off as objective, then you're failing miserably. If you genuinely dislike the pick, then that's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    point taken, but lets just at least be honest, Eli doesnt even execute a QB sneak. you guys ever wonder why he doesnt???
    As gmen8020 said, because he's not good at it. No one has ever claimed that Eli is the most athletic guy.

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yes, because he's terrible at it. He gets absolutely zero leverage, and always positions himself to take a nasty shot.
    or could it be he doesnt like the rough contact with 11 other men piled on top of him?

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I don't agree with the pick, but right now there are a few posters who are really in love with Nassib and are starting to think he's Andrew Luck 2.0, I'm trying to get through that if he was really such a great prospect, as a QB he would be taken even earlier than he should of. His own coach didn't even want him, he used him as a smoke screen to grab another QB. He's a backup, I hope he'll be a good backup, but if he was starting material he would of been taken way earlier.

I agree, we needed depth at LBer, CB, S, and we take a QB. It didn't make sense to me then, still doesn't now.
    I agree.

"The Best Pick in the Draft"....??? Really???

“Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    yeah because Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, and Ryan leaf 1st round busts.. and Tom Brady undrafted, Mark Brunell 5th round, hasselback 6th round. all sucked. So tell me how is one actually truly evaluated esp at qb. Certianly not by clueless wonders like yourself.
    My point exactly, even prospects who were considered to be all time greats busted out. Theirs a very very very very very rare gem now and then, but you're far more lucky to grab a great prospect earlier, and hope his success translates to the NFL. We were very very very very fortunate EA made the right move and picked Eli 2 TIME SB MVP Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Either way, I can argue just as easily that he isn't afraid of contact or shying away from hits, but rather doing what he can to minimize impact to stay healthy. I know when I played ball they taught us "how to fall," in an attempt to avoid/minimize potential injury.

And I laugh at Harooni's left handed comment about him doing that to avoid getting hit. I have a succinct suspicion that if Eli is throwing it off handed he's getting put on his *** either way (as was the case against the Titans). That has more to do with Eli often not wanting to give up on a play and trying to do too much.
    Which is all true, but personally, I try to not let shaky claims even reach launching phase. Especially with Harooni and his elusive logic.