+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    and lastly.. I haven't read one post where fans are looking to usher him in as the new Andrew Luck. Nobody is pushing eli out of the door. The only thing I've seen is that fans are saying this is a smart pick and it is for a number of reasons. He has raw talent, he is far more promising than carr as a back up. He can get schooled by eli and learn the offense all the meanwhile improving his game, potentially being the next starter. A 4th round talent that could've gone earlier in the draft. Some of yall can't see to see past that oh man he was drafted in the 4th round weak qb class ahhh horrible pick. Stop being sheeps.

I'll give Eli all the credit for that San Fran game, he took a beating in that one. i mean he looked like a mack truck hit him and he toughed it out. i was very impressed.

Harooni has said multiple times that he plans for Eli to have 3 years and then the Giants won't resign him. Or he wants Eli to get injured and for Nassib to come in and show how great he is. I'm just trying to stop this nonsense and bring some people back down to earth. 4th round pick that not even his college coach wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    or could it be he doesnt like the rough contact with 11 other men piled on top of him?
    I couldn't imagine that he does. The only thing I do know, without trying to perform psychoanalysis on Eli, is that he stands straight up. That makes him very vulnerable to receiving a nice lick.

And with a line that's been as bad at the POA as ours the past few years, you don't risk the health of your franchise QB on a play where the odds are already stacked against you. Brady on the other hand gets excellent leverage in the sneak game. They run it pretty frequently in NE, with a lot of success.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Harooni has said multiple times that he plans for Eli to have 3 years and then the Giants won't resign him. Or he wants Eli to get injured and for Nassib to come in and show how great he is. I'm just trying to stop this nonsense and bring some people back down to earth. 4th round pick that not even his college coach wanted.
    I don't recall him saying he wants to see Eli hurt. I'm not denying he said it, but if you could just show me the post, I'd believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    My point exactly, even prospects who were considered to be all time greats busted out. Theirs a very very very very very rare gem now and then, but you're far more lucky to grab a great prospect earlier, and hope his success translates to the NFL. We were very very very very fortunate EA made the right move and picked Eli 2 TIME SB MVP Manning.
    you missed his point he was saying you cant say this kid will only be a backup based on when he was drafted. also id add this year was different and any other year this kid could have gone in the first if there was a run on QB's

or could it be he doesnt like the rough contact with 11 other men piled on top of him?
    Yeah, he doesn't share your same, um, predilections.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I don't recall him saying he wants to see Eli hurt. I'm not denying he said it, but if you could just show me the post, I'd believe it.
    I'd have to look through his 50,000 posts, I'm sure he's said he's looking forward too Nassib step in and do wonders when Eli finally goes down.

Only time will tell...

you missed his point he was saying you cant say this kid will only be a backup based on when he was drafted. also id add this year was different and any other year this kid could have gone in the first if there was a run on QB's
    His own coach didn't even want him, and there was no prospect worth taking in the 1st, not Smith, not Manuel, not Barkley, not Nassib, that's why he got taken in the 4th to be a backup to Eli 2 time SB MVP Manning, because once Carr retires nobody would know the system.